sure start maternity grant UPDATE

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Gemie, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Gemie

Gemie Mum to 3

2. Biscuitbaby

Biscuitbaby Mum of 2 boys TTC#3

Ah no way!!

I'm due in a few days - I had the grant for my ds, do you know if I'm eligable for another? Or have they changed that to?

3. Gemie

Gemie Mum to 3

It says if there is a child under 16 in the family then you won't get the grant.. in other words it's for your first child only unless the other child/children is over 16 years of age.

4. Biscuitbaby

Biscuitbaby Mum of 2 boys TTC#3

noooooooooooooooooooo! :nope:

I was relying on that to get other stuff we needed after the baby is born!

5. SamLandD

SamLandD Expecting 2nd son!

if you're due before the 11th april (so get the money) but then give birth late so after the 11th april then do you have to pay the money back? xxx

6. haze

haze Mum + Pink Bump

I am gutted, I am due the 11th and would have got it if they'd stuck to their original plan of changing it in April.

7. Coffin Girl

Coffin Girl Well-Known Member

That sucks, my son is 11, but I've never claimed for him, it never even existed back then! I missed out on the HIP by 1 day and was relying on this to buy the last bits I needed like push chair, car seat and mattress for the cot. Wow and to think of all the people complaining about getting their HIP grant in time for Christmas so they could buy Christmas presents. Goes to show the Government have their priorities right.

8. haze

haze Mum + Pink Bump

I just don't understand why they decided to change it suddenly? In the original budget plan it said it wouldnt affect people who are pregnant now.

9. Coffin Girl

Coffin Girl Well-Known Member

Me neither, I was gutted missing out on the HIP grant by 1 day, then found out about the Surestart Grant a few weeks later thinking it would be available to help immensely. Gutted too.

10. Gemie

Gemie Mum to 3

To answer OP no you won't have to pay it back if you qualify at any point.

My son is 15 this year and I got it with him.. if he was 16 then we'd still get it lol Ahhh well if they're changing it there has to be a cut off date somewhere.
    I reckon they've rushed it through b/c they're so desperate to save money.
    I've sent my forms last week anyway so we'll see if they give it me or not. I read somewhere that some of the ladies were still getting the HIP grant when they'tre due like 21st April and it says the cut of is 15th due date... so who knows :shrug:

11. Mrmojo1971

Mrmojo1971 Mummy of 2

The budget came out on 22nd June 2010 so probably about right for 11th April cut-off.

12. haze

haze Mum + Pink Bump

They said that as long as you claimed before April.

13. Mrmojo1971

Mrmojo1971 Mummy of 2

The cut off for the HIP was definitely 21st April - I'm due 22nd. Midwife signed the form and told me to send it off anyway to see if it slipped though but I'm not holding my breath (especially if it's computer processed !)

14. gemm

gemm Mum of 3 Boys :)

perhaps this is why current claims are held up a bit, it seems to have shifted from 9 days from postage to payment to in excess of 2 weeks.... :wacko:
    perhaps they are having to be more vigilant of dates.... are they processed by computer or human? :wacko:

15. Mrmojo1971

Mrmojo1971 Mummy of 2

Someone mentioned computer - at which point I gave up all hope of ever seeing my £190 !

16. Berniep

Berniep Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm due to join u 3rd tri ladies soon and nipped over for a nosy when i came across this thread, hope u don't mind me "quoting" ur 1st post Gemie to let those in 2nd tri know xx

17. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

i miss out by 2 days grrrrr

18. Wish

Wish Well-Known Member

:dohh: i have two children under 4 and expecting twins somewhere in march (could b earlier) :shrug: so that means i can't apply now???????:wacko: i never knew this with my first one:nope: somebody ..pls say..... that i can still apply before april.....................:cry:

19. Gemie

Gemie Mum to 3

I think you'll still get it hun you're due before 11th April. You can send off the forms anywhere after 29 weeks gestation... get them and send them! x

20. laura3103

laura3103 Mum to 2 expecting no3 :)

i'm still gonna apply for it and then appeal against it after if they tell me i cant i will fight my corner!!!!! its put in such a bad mood i cant sleep lol.

oh well looks like a trip to number 10 downing street and asking david for a loan lol

sorry i got to laugh otherwise i would cry.