sure start maternity grant UPDATE

Just seen this on the direct gov web site
https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ort/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018854

If you're due on or after the 11th April 2011 and there is a child under 16 in the family you won't get the grant :(
I posted mine last week but I guess I won't get it now, I'm due the 13th April... oh well that's the way it goes!

:dohh: i have two children under 4 and expecting twins somewhere in march (could b earlier) :shrug: so that means i can't apply now???????:wacko: i never knew this with my first one:nope: somebody ..pls say..... that i can still apply before april.....................:cry:

I think you'll still get it hun you're due before 11th April. You can send off the forms anywhere after 29 weeks gestation... get them and send them! x

:happydance: awwwww i love u for saying that :hugs: :kiss: but somebody here just said that it's only for the first child..????:wacko: ohh well, i guess i should send the forms anyway..who know's:thumbup:

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ort/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018854

If you're due on or after the 11th April 2011 and there is a child under 16 in the family you won't get the grant :(
I posted mine last week but I guess I won't get it now, I'm due the 13th April... oh well that's the way it goes!

:dohh: i have two children under 4 and expecting twins somewhere in march (could b earlier) :shrug: so that means i can't apply now???????:wacko: i never knew this with my first one:nope: somebody ..pls say..... that i can still apply before april.....................:cry:

I think you'll still get it hun you're due before 11th April. You can send off the forms anywhere after 29 weeks gestation... get them and send them! x

:happydance: awwwww i love u for saying that :hugs: :kiss: but somebody here just said that it's only for the first child..????:wacko: ohh well, i guess i should send the forms anyway..who know's:thumbup:

i dont think you'll get it for both babies as in getting £1000 but you'll def get the £500 cos your due before april 11th the changes dont happen till on or after that date

wish i reckon you will get the full £1000 as there is a lady on here that has been awarded it this week and she is due the end march start april.x

i'm still gonna apply for it and then appeal against it after if they tell me i cant i will fight my corner!!!!! its put in such a bad mood i cant sleep lol.

oh well looks like a trip to number 10 downing street and asking david for a loan lol

sorry i got to laugh otherwise i would cry.

put me on a bad mood too, they should have changed it that yo had to be 29 weeks or over on the 11th april, not your due date, cos people will have been reliant on it. because the forms have been given out, mines here on my desk all stamped out by the mw really peeved me off, stupid conservatives. there's other areas in britain they need to concentrate on. starting with

what next taking money off disabled people as well and the elderly.

No hunni it's changing to only the first child on the 11 April (due date) I really do think you get it :)

wish i reckon you will get the full £1000 as there is a lady on here that has been awarded it this week and she is due the end march start april.x
Awww Thanks Hun:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: Everything crossed for that laura..:thumbup::thumbup:

i dont think you'll get it for both babies as in getting £1000 but you'll def get the £500 cos your due before april 11th the changes dont happen till on or after that date

even £500 is a cool amount:kiss: atleast better than nothing :thumbup:

sorry i got to laugh otherwise i would cry.

I actually did have a little cry (hormones) I was really relying on that money as we have literally nothing ready atm.

I was fine and had just enough saved up but then our roof decided to leak and create extremely bad mould and damp so we're having to use all our spare money to redecorate before the baby comes and now we have to find the extra money we would have gotten from sure start. We have 11 weeks to find enough to buy the cot and pushchair. as well as the small stuff (hospital bag, last little bits etc), they really know how to screw people over don't they?

Why can't they change it once like they did 29weeks at 1st of April and bloody leave it

With this baby being so close to my other one I need another cot double buggy and few other bits and now I've got to find it from somewhere, if I knew to start with wouldn't have got it I'd have saved but I havnt so now got to start grrr

Why can't they change it once like they did 29weeks at 1st of April and bloody leave it

With this baby being so close to my other one I need another cot double buggy and few other bits and now I've got to find it from somewhere, if I knew to start with wouldn't have got it I'd have saved but I havnt so now got to start grrr

It's £500 no matter how many babies are due, or else it is meant to be!

It states on the website that if you have twins it's £500 for each baby, and this is after taking into consideration the changes of having another child under the age of 16 in the family.

Oh that'll be brilliant if you get the £1000 then,

It would have come in handy fir us but we were totally reliant on it, chances are I was early with Rhys and I'm only out by 2days so the chances are I might still get it, I'll be on that getting on that birth ball like a fly on shot soon as o hit term haha,
Thing is I've opted for a vbac birth now haha if I'd stuck to elective c section I'd have had baby 1st week in april lol

So are we unable to claim because our LO is under 16? We are due 8th April?

I'm confused :shrug:

I just got off the phone to social fund that deals with these grants and they are saying info on the site is wrong as long as you are 29 weeks before 11 april you can still claim regardless of how many kids you have so all 29 weeks before april 11th should still be able to claim x

I just got off the phone to social fund that deals with these grants and they are saying info on the site is wrong as long as you are 29 weeks before 11 april you can still claim regardless of how many kids you have so all 29 weeks before april 11th should still be able to claim x

Thank you!! I am completley relying on this as we got rid of all of dd's baby stuff as we didnt think we would have anymore so all we have is a moses basket NOTHING else!! I will only get the grant because I am a student (tax credit element) and on a low income, thank lord for that!!!!! Otherwise my baby is going round in a shopping trolley stuffed with blankets!! :haha:

Is this definitely what they said? Because if it is I will be very happy lol

It seems that different people are giving conflicting information by these people. I hope this right. I'm due to send in my forms next week once signed by the midwife, so guess I'll find out. Anyone already sent the forms and waiting to hear? Would be good if someone could update and let us know if they got their grant or got declind for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->