Surgical Stockings after C-Section

With the injections it's not the needle that hurts, but what you inject into you. Stings like buggery according to DH!

some doctors like them more than others lol and some wards use them a lot more than others hence the inconsistancy here.

the injections go around the tummy area. they can irritate a little, but no more than a blood test. they do tend to bruise a little at first. x

I have to inject daily throughout this pregnancy as i'm high risk for a blood clot (family history). been injecting daily since i was 12 weeks!

will have to do them for a few weeks after the delivery too.

the anti DVT stockings are a precautionary thing, but very worth it. Blood clots can kill.xx

I'll be more at risk of clots as well because of my BMI - so I'll wear them for as long as they say is necessary - baby won't mind!!

I have to inject daily throughout this pregnancy as i'm high risk for a blood clot (family history). been injecting daily since i was 12 weeks!

will have to do them for a few weeks after the delivery too.

the anti DVT stockings are a precautionary thing, but very worth it. Blood clots can kill.xx

I'll be more at risk of clots as well because of my BMI - so I'll wear them for as long as they say is necessary - baby won't mind!!

Likewise with the increased BMI - thats one of the reasons i'm on blood thinning agents throughout pregnancy, plus i have immediate family history of blood clots.

It's just not worth the gamble. We've got to look after ourselves :thumbup: xx

I've never worn them, but have been pretty active since day 2 from surgery.

I had an emergency section tue morning. I have to wear them and was told 4-6 weeks too. My legs have swollen after the op tho which is normal they said. I also have to have an injection once a day for 5 days to stop clots . They are so warm and uncomfy :/ o well x

my consultant told me i will be having the injections after my c-section this time, can someone tell me a bit more about them please? he didnt say anything part from il b getting injections?? do i have to inject them myself?? i donno if i have the guts for that :(

my consultant told me i will be having the injections after my c-section this time, can someone tell me a bit more about them please? he didnt say anything part from il b getting injections?? do i have to inject them myself?? i donno if i have the guts for that :(

I've been told I will have them for 5 days after the op. As this will mean I need them after leaving hospital the doctor confirmed I will have to administer them myself after I go home.

Unfortunately I don't know much more than that. Is it something your OH would be comfortable helping you with?

i really dont know, i would hope so, if not then im just gonna have to like it and get on with it lol,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->