Surprise Pregnancy at 41 after Fertility issues in my 30s

BeckyLoves

Reaction score
Hello. I missed my period on the 17th and did not think anything of it. I went through fertility treatments ( for diminished ovarian reserve) for 5 years (30-35) and finally decided to count my blessings (i have one;16 yr. old), gave up, and moved on. Anyway, over the weekend I felt nauseous and just to confirm I was not pregnant I took a pregnancy test. Low and behold, it was immediately positive. I still don't know what to think and I feel like I will miscarry (like all the other times). Just wondering if anyone has had this kind of experience. I don't know if I am happy or not. I am nervous, I am anxious to know if this will pan out, and I am just.... waiting.

Thank you

Becky

Wow! Best wishes for a sticky baby, what an amazing story! I hope it isn’t a loss xx

Oh congratulations and FX so much! I hope you will have a h&h 9 months! :)

Similar. I had miscarriages, but no children. I was 45 when I missed my period. I didn't think anything of it bc I wasn't regular, but I got the familiar pregnancy nausea. My test was immediately positive. The test line was so dark I thought the test was faulty so went back to the store and bought another pack. OB told me not to get attached bc I'd likely miscarry. Did have a huge bleed and bad cramps for a few hours between weeks 6 and 7. Thought I had lost pregnancy, but scan the following week and baby was fine. Got to 13 weeks and saw genetic counselor who said 1 in 11 chance for trisomy 18, 13, 21, or a whole host of other issues. you know, old eggs blah blah. Test came back fine. Water broke 5 weeks early. Healthy baby at age 46. A bit of jaundice was the only issue. She'll be 8 in May. Good luck.

Wow! How amazing! I don’t have any experience with this but wanted to wish you a happy and healthy 9 months

Similar. I had miscarriages, but no children. I was 45 when I missed my period. I didn't think anything of it bc I wasn't regular, but I got the familiar pregnancy nausea. My test was immediately positive. The test line was so dark I thought the test was faulty so went back to the store and bought another pack. OB told me not to get attached bc I'd likely miscarry. Did have a huge bleed and bad cramps for a few hours between weeks 6 and 7. Thought I had lost pregnancy, but scan the following week and baby was fine. Got to 13 weeks and saw genetic counselor who said 1 in 11 chance for trisomy 18, 13, 21, or a whole host of other issues. you know, old eggs blah blah. Test came back fine. Water broke 5 weeks early. Healthy baby at age 46. A bit of jaundice was the only issue. She'll be 8 in May. Good luck.

That is amazing hon congratulations

Hello. I missed my period on the 17th and did not think anything of it. I went through fertility treatments ( for diminished ovarian reserve) for 5 years (30-35) and finally decided to count my blessings (i have one;16 yr. old), gave up, and moved on. Anyway, over the weekend I felt nauseous and just to confirm I was not pregnant I took a pregnancy test. Low and behold, it was immediately positive. I still don't know what to think and I feel like I will miscarry (like all the other times). Just wondering if anyone has had this kind of experience. I don't know if I am happy or not. I am nervous, I am anxious to know if this will pan out, and I am just.... waiting.

Thank you

Becky

Congratulations hon. I'm also 41 and pregnant.
Had a bleed at 6 weeks and on off spotting up untill 7 weeks.
I've had 3 ultrasounds and baby is doing great.
I have my hospital dating scan and screening bloods on Friday 19th a little nervous about that but praying baby will be completely healthy. And I pray that for u also.

[-o<

Congratulations hon. I'm also 41 and pregnant.
Had a bleed at 6 weeks and on off spotting up untill 7 weeks.
I've had 3 ultrasounds and baby is doing great.
I have my hospital dating scan and screening bloods on Friday 19th a little nervous about that but praying baby will be completely healthy. And I pray that for u also.

[-o<

I hope you and baby are doing well. I am now at 10 weeks and started spotting. It is making me so nervous. Thank you for your message and prayers. Back at ya.

6 weeks later I am still pregnant and reached 12 weeks yesterday.
I've had two sonograms (8 wks and 10 wks) and all looks good so far.

Wow congrats! Hoping for a sticky bean for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->