Survival Tips for the Last Few Weeks!

RbnsNCrls02

Growing Bean
Reaction score
As I'm up at 4am unable sleep ... Again :) ... I am finding myself dwelling on how miserable and In pain I am and how I desperately need to change my mindset in order to survive the next 4 weeks.

Any ideas on little things we miserable girls can do to make ourselves feel even just a little better?

I have come up with:
1. Actually getting dressed and trying to put my makeup on everyday.
2. Taking warm baths at night to help sooth all my aches and pains.
3. Reading a juicy, non pregancy related book

Would love as many suggestions as I can get :)
Thank u!!

Films/box set of favourite series

Go out for lunch or coffee with friends/family

Cook meals for when baby arrives so you don't have to cook

X

Do all the things you enjoy that you won't have time to do oncebaby is born. Go to the hairdressers, paint your nails, lie in bed watching TV or reading all day if you want to!!

Just generally spoil yourself. Look at online shopping and be decide some things you may want to buy for yourself for the summer when your bump has gone (but just be aware you may well not pre-preggers thin by then, but hey new clothes are new clothes!)

Once baby is born, as fantastic as they are, you may miss a bit of you time so try and make the most of it if you can xxx

I stick to a routine and have done since I went on maternity and sick leave. I get up at 0645, see hubby and have breakfast with him before he goes to work, have a shower, make up on, get dressed, take the dog for a walk, come back, make a brew and go online. Start making lunch, husband comes back for lunch, eat lunch with him, he goes, I clean it all away, take the dog out again, sit and chill out, start getting dinner ready, hubby comes back and then that's our evening together where we sit and chat or watch tv or a box set :) in bed by 9:30 even if I'm not tired! :)

Routine, that's me! (Blame it on the last 5 years of military life!) but it works for me.

I grab any chance I can get to be out of the house.
All the walking and spending time out is helping clear my mind, I sleep very good, and I don't obsess over the belly haha!

I stick to a routine and have done since I went on maternity and sick leave. I get up at 0645, see hubby and have breakfast with him before he goes to work, have a shower, make up on, get dressed, take the dog for a walk, come back, make a brew and go online. Start making lunch, husband comes back for lunch, eat lunch with him, he goes, I clean it all away, take the dog out again, sit and chill out, start getting dinner ready, hubby comes back and then that's our evening together where we sit and chat or watch tv or a box set :) in bed by 9:30 even if I'm not tired! :)

Routine, that's me! (Blame it on the last 5 years of military life!) but it works for me.

Actually, this is a REALLY good idea. Shower every day and get dressed to shoes. It makes you feel better about yourself, and we all know how danged hard that is the last few weeks. Once in a while a slouchy lazy day in PJs is nice, but when it becomes every day, it's not so good. Heck, even showering and getting in to CLEAN PJs isn't a bad idea! :)

These are all great ideas! I got up and got comeatly ready for the day today and I swear I felt a little better! My husband and I even went for a walk!

Hoping you all had a good day too :)

I'm on bed rest and I also wake at 4 am so when the oh is up at 6 I have a cuppa with him and have breakfast when he leave and then try and get a little more sleep. Shower lunch and then spend the rest of the day in bed watching TV and reading. I wish I could do more like go for a nice walk as my leg ache and need it.

The routine idea is really working for me. I find I'm not concentrating on my pain as much when I keep busy :) thanks so much girls!!

Dont think of it as the next 4 weeks. Try and think about it as possible the next 6 its much easier if you go overdue if you havnt got your due date set in your mind.

Dont think of it as the next 4 weeks. Try and think about it as possible the next 6 its much easier if you go overdue if you havnt got your due date set in your mind.

Oh yes, that is a very good point. I will certainly try and do that. Thank u!

With Easter being over my due date I'm finding it really frustrating as usually have lots of plans with friends n family n can't do that this year (were a good hours drive away)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"