Sushi eaters.... come hither!

I think it is just what each person is comfortable with. I in general just do what I'm comfortable with for myself and don't judge others for their decisions. :)

I ate sushi that I made every single week in both pregnancies (raw salmon, fresh not frozen).

Not sure how I feel about tuna now...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sc...re-is-tongue-eating-parasite-says-expert.html

:sick:

I haven't eaten tuna in like.... a year? The Mercury is terrifying! The same reason I don't get a flu shot

I ate some california rolls and spicy california rolls last night for dinner! It was delicious!! :haha: My husband ate a roll that had salmon in it and a raw fish on top. They call it the MI Roll at the restaurant we go to. This post made me crave it! Lol.

Do you ladies know if boiled seafood is ok? I live in southern USA and I love boiled crabs and crawfsh. Was curious if you all have heard anything bad about this? Or maybe good? :thumbup:

Hopeful I haven't heard anything bad about boiled seafood. Except that's one of my aversions.. Lol. I don't want anything but red meat and sushi! Whereabouts in the south?

I'm in Louisiana! We are just starting Mardi Gras and the seafood is everywhere! It's all I want!!! LOL!

Do you ladies know if boiled seafood is ok? I live in southern USA and I love boiled crabs and crawfsh. Was curious if you all have heard anything bad about this? Or maybe good? :thumbup:

I'm so jealous! I LOOOVVEE southern food.
I'm going to go with eat up! Its boiled and fresh, why not? Yum!

I think it's mostly hysteria. Fetal alcohol syndrome occurs in pregnant alcoholics. When was the last time sushi gave you listeria poisoning when you weren't pregnant? And I would love to know what harm caffeine actually does. I guess I'm just too much of a skeptic.

Given my generation's mothers' behaviors, it's honestly amazing that any of us were born without severe problems. And that those of us who survived birth didn't all die in playground accidents.

I probably sounds flippant, but the "we don't know, so it's better not to risk it" approach causes too much stress on pregnant women to be perfect. Even I haven't had alcohol or sushi, even though I think the warnings are bunk, because there's so much societal pressure on me. Even I find myself being paranoid, even though I know better.

Preach tulip! My sentiments exactly!! Like one OB said "I've been practicing for thirty years and have seen exactly one case of listeriosis... On a soap opera!" I totally had a slice of salmon sashimi for dinner! I met my friend for dinner to tell her about our LO and she said when she was pregnant her doctor told her to have a glass of wine a day because she was so stressed out. After a certain point, 5 months or something. Stress is much worse on the baby in my opinion. Just look at the children from the depression / famine they studied in the documentary Happy. Very interesting

Hopeful ughhhh omg jealous. I would kill for any/all of that right now.

When I was pregnant with DD, I did my own research and figured out what I was willing to do. This is not a list for others to follow, just wha I decided on.

Sushi: I ate it after the first tri, and only in restaurants we'd been to before. I tried to limit the # of tuna rollswhich is actually quite hard to do.
Alcohol: I had sips here and there. I had an entire drink at a restauarnt somewhere around the start of my third tri. And I drank at my baby shower.
Cigarettes: Nope.
Canned tuna: Loved it. Could live off it. Tried not to have it more than 1x week.
Sprouts: Avoided like the plague.

I'm pregnant with number 5, I've always eaten sushi through my pregnancies.... Just make sure that you buy it from somewhere you trust xxxxxx

We met friends for sushi last night. I had a roll with soft shell crab and eel but I would eat a little tuna or Salmon from a place I trust.

This is my second pregnancy. And like Mh_ccl I did lots of research and decided to have some caffeine and wine. I drank a small cup of coffee or tea most days. I also had a quarter to a half a glass of wine occasionally. I also avoided sprouts and canalope (not that I really like that but there were a few listeria outbreaks). I will eat canned tuna once or twice a month. I also had no problem eating soft cheeses. As long as they are pastureized.

When did yall start sipping wine? 2nd tri?

We went out to dinner Friday evening and I ordered California rolls. I'm too chicken to eat anything else right now! It was good enough for me, however, the Philly and Alaska roll sounded soooo delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->