Suspected endometriosis... Laparoscopy

hey there again , i wanted to ask ..since u have experience .. like i said before i get pains during deep penetration (tmi) but i dont have any pains with periods , just normal cramps first day and then its just the normal urghh feeling . i haad a c section 4 years ago maybe thats causing the pain during sex??? i never had them before c section or maybe i got endo due to c section , i read somewhere it can cause endo.. sorry just a little worried.

C section can cause endo because as thy they are pulling ur baby out some of the cells can transplant outside the uterus so its def a possibility. Pain doesn't have to be linked to periods, I don't have periods due to my pill and I still get a lot of pain, also I wud get pain at the start of my period then after that I wud get a few cramps but nothing excessive. Deep penetration can hurt regardless of whether u have endo or not but women with endo can get pain worse than others and it doesn't have to be deep. When I first suspected endo I used an endo forum which helped me loads they were very helpful and made me realise that it isn't only different from person to person but it can also be different within one person, mine has changed overtime.

thanx for the quick reply , im waiting to try so im getting paranoid , have DH on everything he can possibly swallow.:shrug:

Bless u, it does make me nervous that I have endo and it might affect my fertility but I try not to think about it, in this case I think ignorance is bliss, if u work urself up about it the stress itself could cause u problems so its better to take a relaxed approach to it, I'm giving myself 6 months of trying before I even go to the Dr to say I think I wud like a lap and then another 6 months after that before even considering that one of us might be infertile or have subfertility. In reality women without endo could be trying for 12 months and fall pregnant, my sil took a year to get pregnant with this one but her second was conceived only 4 months after first was born and they weren't trying.

I am taking vitamins and trying to get my body in the best shape possible without it consuming my day so I occasionally do exercise (but shud do more really) and think before I eat (shud prob think longer tho)

Just relax, the way I look at it is if I am fertile stress will hamper it, if I'm not fertile or low fertility stress won't help it, either way stress won't help xx

Hello! No news... They said it will take 2/3 months to get a date for the laparoscopy :/ i hate waiting!

Thanks for the update Emiloo!

I am waiting to see my gyn too. I have about 2 weeks of wait.

In the meantime, I was wondering if any of you ladies had urinary urgency with endometriosis. I have been having this sudden urge to go and pee and it feels like if I dont do it in time, I might have an accident. I never got to the point where I leak or anything but it could be embarassing sometimes. I almost start dancing holding myself down there so that I dont pee accidentally.

Does this happen to anyone here?

im so sorry your going through the whole waiting thing , i hate that too.:wacko:

I used to think my endo was linked to bladder because needing a wee or emptying my bladder wud bring the pain on during a flare up. I also get urgency and many occasions had to run to the toilet, its like I don't need to go on minute then the next I have to like someone flicks a switch. I also don't empty my bladder properly so after iv been I feel I need to go again but after a few minutes that goes away.

I have endometriosis! I had a lap in November 2011, exactly one year before my DD was born!

The surgery was a breeze, I may be a crazy lady, but I went into work the next day for a couple hours, and then a 6 hour road trip to visit my sister (with my mom) two days after! I did take it super easy, I work in an office and just had to pop in and finish up a couple things, and my Mum drove us too our destination, so I just relaxed and slept for the whole trip.

I did conceive a few months post surgery! I was so excited, I remember the day I got my BFP, and it still makes me smile :)

Before I had surgery I had no idea I had Endo, but I had very painful periods, I had pain during sex, and even when using a tampon! I thought it was all normal... I come from a family that is VERY private and I never really got much of a "talk" so I had no idea what was normal and what wasn't! I'm embarressed to admit that now, and I really wish I brought it up to a Dr years earlier.

Anyway, best of luck to you!!

It's amazing you would ask that Shudknow.... as I had a slight accident in the middle of the night! :( This is the 3rd time in the year that this has happened. I may have to ring my consultant and ask.

On another note... I have got my date for my laparoscopy already!! It's on 30th October!! I can't believe how quickly they've got me in! Will have to stop my pill in a couple of days ready for the op. Not looking forward to withdrawal symptoms!

I wish OH would allow us to TTC earlier, sooner after the op. I'm scared that by the time we start trying, endo will be back and it will be harder to concieve. I voiced my concerns and he said "It'll just have to be harder then" :(

Great for the lap date and sucks about ur oh. But bare in mind its not always harder some people get years of relief from endo after surgery so u may well be one of those xx

Thanks, I am a bit of a worrier!! Always thinking of the worst case scenarios!

Emiloo, In a way I am glad that they were able to get you in so early..Oct 30th is not far away at all. I hope it all turns out ok.

Regarding your OH, I am sure it must be hard on you but I think it shows that he is not "ready" for TTC right now..it sucks but you will just have to wait for him to turn around on his own.

Good luck with everything :thumbup:

Yeah, it's just hard waiting for him... we've been together for over 4 years now. He's a practical man and wont feel ready until we're settled into our house. He does make sense though. He thinks with his head, I think with my heart!

My oh was like that, he didn't want us to try until we move because we don't live in a fantastic area but I think after I spoke whole heartedly to him about it and he really saw what it meant to me he changed his mind. But he didn't change it until after I started zoladex so he knew he had 6 months to get used to it. Have u set a future TTC date at all?? Xx

Yeah, he just doesnt want to make his life any harder than it already is, and I also dont want to have a baby while were still living at our parents houses- I just get irrational sometimes! I suggested january 2015 so that gives us 6 months ish before TTC in our new house and and a babyless year and a half to do up the house. He said "that sounds about right, Ill nearly be 26 by the time we TTC" so were getting there!

Aw Jan 15 isn't so bad. And if ur having ur lap almost November that's only a couple of months so ur in that time frame of it being more likely.

Men don't like change lol. I reasoned with my oh that he would get more sex while TTC and when I'm pregnant I wouldn't steal his beer LOL it worked xx

Well, I had my laparoscopy yesterday! It took me ages to wake from the op properly and to come back to the ward. The doctor said he wanted me to stay overnight as I had alot of endo under my uterus and going up my tube to my kidney. If it was left any longer, it would have blocked it off!

Im home now and rather achey and tired... Im just so glad that its been sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->