Suspected MC

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by Spacey, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Spacey

Spacey Mom of 2

After 2 years of TTC, I just found out I was pregnant on the 14th... Had a clear positive HPT, and went in to the doctor. They did blood work, the test came back with a 432 HCG level. It was one of the happiest day of my life.

On the 15th my husband and I moved out of state, and went the ER yesterday to check my blood levels again to make sure they were rising. After 6 hours of waiting in the room, the doctor finally came in and told me my levels had dropped to 62. My husband and I were devasted. He then did a vaginal exam and said that my cervix is slightly dilated, and said that it's a sign of miscarriage.

I'm crushed... I don't know what to think. A big part of me is saying that it can't be true, maybe their tests are wrong, because I don't FEEL like I'm miscarrying, I still FEEL pregnant. My body aches, I have morning sickness that comes and goes, I woke up 3 or 4 times last night alone just to go to the bathroom... all the typical symptoms. And no pain that would cause worry.

This is our first confirmed pregnancy... and I know the chances of MC are high, but I don't want to believe it. Is there any chance the doctor could have been wrong? Hubby and I are so heartbroken. :cry:

2. TaraLynn

TaraLynn mama to Kiernan & 1 angel

For your sake I hope you are right. When do you plan to go back? Are they going to monitor your HcG to see if it is rising or falling? They should be checking every other day. Have you taken any more hpt's to see if the line is getting darker.

I recently had my first MC and unfortunately even after my numbers were below 5 HcG (neg for pregnancy) i still had PG symptoms for a bit.

But on a brighter note, I do think there is always a chance the doctors are wrong, so definitely make an appt somewhere and have your numbers checked. You never know! Keeping my fingers crossed for you and lots of prayers!

3. amotherslove

amotherslove MamaToLilyLucyAndLila<3

with hcg falling that drastically.. and with an open cervix i would think they were right.. i'm so sorry.. and i hope they are wrong.. i know i couldnt believe it when they told me lily had no heartbeat.. like they couldve just missed it.. i've now seen the footage from the ultrasound.. and there she was.. not alive. :( it's hard to absorb at first.. i'm really very sorry.. <3 take the time you need to heal.

4. Spacey

Spacey Mom of 2

The ER Dr. referred us to an OBGYN, but the office isn't open until Monday. Unfortunately I won't be able to get in until then. :( The worst of it all is that I have no idea how far along I was/am. None of the drs I have been to are willing to do an ultrasound. I think I might go in Monday and do all that I can to get them to do one. At least if nothing else to see if I have passed it or if I will need a D&C :(