Swaddling?

hope4bubba

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I would like some advice about swaddling. As this is my first baby I havent got a clue. I have bought two sleeping bags in 0-6 months and they look like they will be humongous and I was concerned about the fact the are wide on the shoulders and she will be drowned by it SO I then thought that I might try swaddling her at first as I heard this makes them feel more secure when they are first born. Anyways my question is, what is best to swaddle with a blanket or a 'swaddle me'? if the best thing is a blanket, what type and size of blanket is best and how do you learn to do it??!

Sorry for asking a million questions in one :wacko:

Any advice would be appreciated :flower:

I did it last time with DS and used one of those special blankets, called a miracle blanket - if you google them you'll probably find a supplier. I'm planning to use them again as I found them really useful - you have to swaddle tighter than you think - it seems unkind at first (and they are also very good at wriggling out!) but babies love it :wacko:

if you have the spare cash the swaddle blankets are easy and handy but if not a good old blanket does the trick
i prefer blankets they look a lot more snug and cute in vintage hand knitted blankets :) (a down site cheaper aswell lol)

I use the Swaddle Me blankets. My son loved them and we swaddled him in them until he was almost 5 months.

awww im getting excited thinking about swaddled babies they look so cute swaddled its unreal my first son loved it they are so cudly when they are wrapped up in the blanket lol ive gone all soft and soppy inside thinking of him all snug and tightly swaddled lol

I thought the guidelines were to use a swaddle blanket or a sheet because they can overheat in a normal blanket?
Some sleeping bags have a weight on them say 9 or 10 pounds. As my baby will be in moses basket for a few weeks I was going to use sheets and small celular blankets as bedding.
Some babies love to be swaddled but most babies in my family hate it (except one who was a teeny prem) , I don't know if it's because they tend to be on the larger side (about 9lb).

x

awww im getting excited thinking about swaddled babies they look so cute swaddled its unreal my first son loved it they are so cudly when they are wrapped up in the blanket lol ive gone all soft and soppy inside thinking of him all snug and tightly swaddled lol

awww :baby:

my dd hated it. But im gonna try again!the hospital showed me how. Was gonna use cellula blankets as thex have wholes in. But may invest in a swaddle me blanket! We used sleepin bags with mw dd and will again. However they swamped her to start with x

my ob said to swaddle with their hands under the chin so they can still play with their fingers, going to try it out

I was planning to use a swaddle me, but wondering if it's going to be too warm for it

Hiya,

Just found this interesting site about swaddling, thought I'd share :).

https://www.swaddledesigns.co.uk/safe-sleep

xx

I have the swaddle me in newborn and also the halo swaddle sleep sack in cotton. I have heard good things about the Aden and anais muslin swaddle blankets so bought those. They are thin and breathable and stretchy so great for swaddling.

Hi ladies, I would like some advice about swaddling. As this is my first baby I havent got a clue. I have bought two sleeping bags in 0-6 months and they look like they will be humongous and I was concerned about the fact the are wide on the shoulders and she will be drowned by it SO I then thought that I might try swaddling her at first as I heard this makes them feel more secure when they are first born. Anyways my question is, what is best to swaddle with a blanket or a 'swaddle me'? if the best thing is a blanket, what type and size of blanket is best and how do you learn to do it??!

Sorry for asking a million questions in one :wacko:

Any advice would be appreciated :flower:

Check out this website - there is a video at the bottom of the page which shows you how to swaddle :).

https://www.swaddledesigns.co.uk/lc/Swaddling-Blankets/UR00/CategorySwaddling.html

xx

consider babywearing as well. Swaddling is great, I used receiving blankets with great results, but sometimes baby just wants to be close to you. Swaddling can take that away somewhat because it replaces what baby actually wants (to be back inside the womb or in mommy's arms)

One of my favorite baby wearing websites (her instructional videos were a big help): https://wrapyourbaby.com/

We found a happy balance between the two, and it helped to have another option when baby just didn't want to be swaddled.

consider babywearing as well. Swaddling is great, I used receiving blankets with great results, but sometimes baby just wants to be close to you. Swaddling can take that away somewhat because it replaces what baby actually wants (to be back inside the womb or in mommy's arms)

One of my favorite baby wearing websites (her instructional videos were a big help): https://wrapyourbaby.com/

We found a happy balance between the two, and it helped to have another option when baby just didn't want to be swaddled.

I have been looking at this today! Thanks! Would love to wear a sling but does it pull your back at all as I suffer with my lower back?

My baby loves being swaddled. I have quite a thin cellular blanket that i swaddle her in. It helps her sleep. Once she gets a bit older i intend to use a grobag.

I brought a gorgeous red swaddle with butterflys on for my baby, as I don't like the idea her having a blanket being newborn maybe it's paranoia! also i got a few 0-3m baby sleep bags but they look massive.. I would def invest in one, I know ASDA are doing a gorgeous white swaddle for £3.50! xx

https://direct.asda.com/george/baby-clothes/unisex/swaddle-robe/GEM54039,default,pd.html Ooops, gone up 50p. the photo doesn't do it justice.. I got this too, it's gorgeous in real life. For those who's intrested but don't wanna spend much.. xxx

A swaddle me, a miracle blanket, or a woombie. Keep in mind if you have a large baby, they can easily bust out of a swaddle blanket so the prefabricated velcro/zipper version might be essential (mine was almost 10lbs born and broke out the first few days).

Mine was born June 8th last year and I kept him in his diaper or a onesie - he was just fine, never overheated.

Swaddle me also offers "summer" versions with thinner/light materials.

Mine stayed swaddled until 10 months, it was the only way he slept, it was a horrific first few weeks without it! And yes to babywearing, gives the the same effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->