Sweep Advice?

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Right, managed to get an appt with my MW for tomorrow....my nxt appt shouldn't have been til due date bcos she was fully booked but she had a cancellation for tomorrow so I'm in :headspin:!

I know this sounds terrible but I want a sweep so much! I'm so impatient!
I've been getting pains etc but they never result in anything, I'm also finding it really difficult to sleep & I want to go for long walks but I end up with pains right down below & out of breath!

What I want to know (if anyone call help) is what I can say to make (or persuade) my MW to do a sweep, is there anything special I should say? My mum told me to tell her I was getting dizzy but all she'll prob do is check my BP and there's never been anything wrong with it anyway!

I'm just so fed up & don't want to be completely knackered & depressed when I go in to labour.......:cry:

WHAT CAN I DO!!??

Oh, and if one more person asks me 'how long now?' 'what are you having', 'have you had any pains yet?' I'm seriously going to go nuts!
Some woman today in the post office walked past me and rubbed my Tummy and asked how long.....then I was coming home and some woman was getting in her car outside my house and said 'you look knackered......you can't have long left now!' Yeah....thanks for the bloody compliment! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH :hissy:

hi hun sorry to say thins but they wont really do a sweep b4 ur due date i begged for one but i was told no. not what u want to hear i know.

i hope that things get a move on for u son hun x

I think all MW's etc are different, but my MW doesn't routinely do them until ur due date or over, altho I know people on here who have had them done earlier.

Good luck xx

Ladies, mind explaining what a "sweep" is?

its basically wen midwife pute a finger inside ur vagina and sweeps round neck of ur cervix to hopefully kickstart labour not v pleasant!!

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/labour/membranesweepexpert/

:sick: Yvanne oh so nicely put!:rofl:

well mango asked! i wasnae gonna lie lol!

Can u refuse one?:wacko:

course u can! its ur body and ur baby! u make the descisions :D

I would not be asking for one of those.. noooooo!
Sam, chick, you only have 8/9 days left, thats fabby!! x

I thought that but after going over I would have let my midwife do anyhting to get Seren out.

i never minded :D i was over with chloe wen i got 1 done, and in labout with callum wen i got 1 done wi him

Right, managed to get an appt with my MW for tomorrow....my nxt appt shouldn't have been til due date bcos she was fully booked but she had a cancellation for tomorrow so I'm in :headspin:!

I know this sounds terrible but I want a sweep so much! I'm so impatient!
I've been getting pains etc but they never result in anything, I'm also finding it really difficult to sleep & I want to go for long walks but I end up with pains right down below & out of breath!

What I want to know (if anyone call help) is what I can say to make (or persuade) my MW to do a sweep, is there anything special I should say? My mum told me to tell her I was getting dizzy but all she'll prob do is check my BP and there's never been anything wrong with it anyway!

I'm just so fed up & don't want to be completely knackered & depressed when I go in to labour.......:cry:

WHAT CAN I DO!!??

Oh, and if one more person asks me 'how long now?' 'what are you having', 'have you had any pains yet?' I'm seriously going to go nuts!
Some woman today in the post office walked past me and rubbed my Tummy and asked how long.....then I was coming home and some woman was getting in her car outside my house and said 'you look knackered......you can't have long left now!' Yeah....thanks for the bloody compliment! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH :hissy:

Just grab her, and shout 'Noone leaves until I get my sweep'!!! No?

its basically wen midwife pute a finger inside ur vagina and sweeps round neck of ur cervix to hopefully kickstart labour not v pleasant!!

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/labour/membranesweepexpert/

Thanks Yvanne, LOL better to get the point across than be vague hehe, but uh yeah doesn't sound pleasent at all.

Ouch a sweep sounds nasty, don't think id want one personally. How far are you from your due date?

I had 2 with ellie ...

Made charls toes curl lmfao!

xxx

pretty similar to a smear lol! cept shes using her finger no a swab :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel