Sweep

AP

Reaction score
Well the midwife has offered a sweep either next tuesday or the next again, ive to have a think about it.

The whole idea of it makes me squeemish tbh.

Does it hurt?

Ive had swabs,cervix scans and everything else this pregnancy so i have no idea why im debating this!!! :rofl:

Its a little uncomfortable but they did not hurt me and I have had 4 in 3 pregnancies. They are giving me my 1st one at 37 week...less than 2 weeks away for me...yikes! But before they never offered me one until 40 weeks and I ended up being induced with all 3 so this time my new doc sugestd starting at 37 then another at 38 etc until I have this baby! I am all for it. If they are doing internal checks anyway you may as well have them sweep, no real difference. You may have some cramping for a few hours after and some spotting. I never had spotting but I know of women who did. Good luck.

It didn't hurt for me at all! The midwife said to me 'this will make your eyes water a bit..' I braced myself.. next thing I know she said 'all done!' I was already 4cm dilated so that may've had something to do with it :haha:

I've never heard anyone say it's painful :hugs:

Mine was just uncomforatable and painful at times if im honest. I had mine today. I was not open and she could only just reach my cervix so that is why mine hurt more as she was trying really hard to reach it. I have one next week to and today has not put me off going again.

I had one before being induced with Alex (they decided to induce a few minutes later or they probably wouldnt have bothered) but it really didnt hurt at all. maybe a bit uncomfortable but not at all any pain :) :hugs: x

Like the girls said its uncomfortable, like all internals really, and then it sort of makes you go 'oooo' then its done - hope it goes well x

I think i'll just go for it this coming tues. Dunno why im being all shy and retiring about it :dohh:
Er i think i'll just make hubby n alex stay in the waiting room for that one :s good plan? (they normally they come in and play building blocks :rofl:)

It was uncomfortable when I had mine! But its quick iykwim?

my nan left the room when i said 'ouch' she said she didnt even want to imagine it happening, nevermind sit there whilst it happened! x

Well the midwife has offered a sweep either next tuesday or the next again, ive to have a think about it.

The whole idea of it makes me squeemish tbh.

Does it hurt?

Ive had swabs,cervix scans and everything else this pregnancy so i have no idea why im debating this!!! :rofl:

I had one today and I was like you, very uneasy about it. I had heard they are painful. But I didn't even find it uncomfortable. I found swabs much worse. I'm 90% effaced, so maybe that had something to do with it, most of the ladies who told me it hurt said their cervix wasn't very soft when they had their sweeps. Within half a hour, I had a show and have been having cramps ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->