Sweet potato......

XKatX

Reaction score
How do I cook it? I've never had it before, but thought I'd give it a go with Oliver. We're BLW, so no puree's. Could I chip it and roast it maybe? I have no idea! Or do I cook it like a normal potato and mash it so he can shove his spoon in it? He's not great with a spoon yet though.

Chip and roast or chip/baton it and steam it. :)

Yeah you could do either hun, i cook it exactley the same as normal potatoes :)

Roasted sweet potato is delicious and goes nice and soft for them to gum on. If you mash it, you may find it's easier for him just to scoop it up with his fingers rather than using a spoon.

i mash it, all her food gets mashed rather than pureed. MIL does it in the oven like roasties. she wanted to give her some that had been cooked in all the fat!

i shove them in with the skin on, roast then the skin just falls off..... yum....

i just peel, chop, steam then mash. Dead easy.

I think you could do either. We actually give Hannah mashed potatoes and she eats them with her hands :blush:

Another way we cook them is to peel them and put them in a pan about half covered with water, sprinkle some cinnamon and a put a dab of butter in the pan and bake at 375-400 degrees F until soft. Cut them into chunks afterward, makes for a good finger food

You Canadian and American Mum's love your cinnamon!! :lol:

cinnamon is supposed to help lower blood sugar levels!

I do them the same as mash potato - or I peel and roast. Roasting really brings out the sweetness - they are delicious!!

I boil everything and either mash or puree... I did try giving her sweet potatoe in slices for her to eat but it got crushed in her hands so it didnt work well as a finger food.

It's lovely boiled and mashed along with parsnip and brocolli. Apparently it was my favourite when I was a baby, and it is still my favourite today at the age of 29, served up with chicken. Yum yum! xxxxx

I boil everything and either mash or puree... I did try giving her sweet potatoe in slices for her to eat but it got crushed in her hands so it didnt work well as a finger food.

Yeah, I don't find sweet potatoes are a very good finger food, it's much too soft, so I always feed her on her spoon with that...

we steam it, mash it and harry digs in with his fingers!!!!

yep i cook just like normal potato - a nice roast sweet potato chip to hold :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->