Sweet Potato

Lauraaraa

Love My Baby Girl
Reaction score
ok so i have just made 2 small sweet potato's with salad, ate one as whilst i was eating i googled it, and it said u arent ment to have them as can be harmful, cause m/c and still birth.

i am absoloutly past myself nw i have read that.

has anyone who has been pregnant and had a baby eaten these whilst preg n baby be ok

and is anyone currently preg been eating them

i have every now and again thru out pregnancy as i thought they were good for u

now i am just worried

Ooh I wouldn't know as I never eat them!
When you look on google, half the links says they're good and half says they're bad!
The only reason I can think of why they wouldn't be too good for you is that they contain Vitamin A, but I'm sure you can't completely block this out of your diet anyway, so surely you must be fine as long as you don't have them with every meal?

I hope everything turns out right, you can always phone your midwife if you're really worried!

:hugs:

Only in large quantities. Its just the vitamin A concerntration. Its fine to have as part of a balanced diet, but if you were living off it then be worried. There is NOTHING wrong with Sweet Potato.

P.S. I have said to you before, STOP GOOGLING!!! :flow: Seriously one could find everything is bad in pregnancy if they googled enough!

i know is hard o know, conflicting answers on google. which is frustrating me more and getting me more worried

seeing midwife tomorrow.

will mention it to her then
even thought i dnt think she will know the answer.

god this has happened before eaten something then read it is bad for you.

just worries me

Only in large quantities. Its just the vitamin A concerntration. Its fine to have as part of a balanced diet, but if you were living off it then be worried. There is NOTHING wrong with Sweet Potato

very rarely have them, so shud be ok surely.

have u eaten thru pregnancy

I've eaten alot of sweet potatos since being pregnant, I make alot of sweet potato and butter squash soup.

I think there's alot of crap out there now involving too much of does and don'ts that could scare the shit out of you if you lived by everything you read on the internet :wacko:

Only in large quantities. Its just the vitamin A concerntration. Its fine to have as part of a balanced diet, but if you were living off it then be worried. There is NOTHING wrong with Sweet Potato

very rarely have them, so shud be ok surely.

have u eaten thru pregnancy

I dont like them, but I have eaten soft cheese and allsorts so I am not a good person to ask. I am a great believer of everything in moderation.

I so did NOT know this?!

I ate them during my last pregnancy and now during this one. Sometimes have roasted sweet potatoes.. Or Sweet potato in with our mashed regular potato. Or even had some in our potato salad the other day.

I'm living by the 'everything in moderation' motto with this pregnancy as i feel like if we fully followed the rules, we wouldnt eat a thing lol!

:flower:

skye1 / my_first - i think in moderation is fine. if i was eating them for EVERY meal then fair enough wouldnt be good i doubt, but same with everything.

the internet just causes worry for me, i will i hadnt bothered googling

been eating them thru out pegnancy and was always under th impression thy were very good for you!!
so obv being preg i want to eat things tht r very good for me!!!

i didnt knw this either till i googled it just nw

have stoped eradin bout it nw!

my diet is varied and healthy so just gna go by the evrything in moderation sayin nw also

I wouldn't worry, if they were dangerous they would be on the list of foods to avoid on the Food Standards Agency website

https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/asksam/agesandstages/pregnancy/

I've eaten them a fair few times, like others have said unless you live on them and don't eat much else I'm sure it's fine.

Wow - I really have never heard of this one before! If it is the vitamin A connection then I think it is only dangerous if you consume too much of it, so it would be OK to have them once in a while. I have eaten them ocassionally throughout this pregnancy and the last as I have never heard that you should not have them. Things that are bad in excess are different to things like mould ripened cheese which can put you at risk even if you just eat them the once, so I would not worry too much about this one.

I think you'd have to be eating bucket-full of them to have any impact to be honest. You do need Vitamin A in your diet as it supports the growth of the baby's skin, bones, eye sight and blood. Too much can be bad, but you really would have to be living off them for there to be a significant risk :)

I didnt know - if it was that dangerous then we would of been told along with pate etc.

Never heard of this one but I now have a hankering for roasted sweet potato :haha:

Always check the website's credibility and source before reading it. I can, in 10 minutes, post a website that says a spider bite causes stillbirth or that sweet potatoes cause thrush. Unfortunately, some people love to scaremonger many seemingly-accurate things when in fact there is no truth to it at all.

Enjoy your sweet potatoes :)

Oh my god i never knew that! i love sweet potatoes and have been eating loads throughout this pregnancy.

Soon, we're not gonna be allowed to drink water!

I'm sure you're fine honey......

im sure a little sweet potatoe isn't that bad its not like your eating it morning noon and night daily you'll be fine hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"