swelling question

livebychance

Reaction score
so i know swelling can be a normal thing in pregnancy. my BP has been normal, a little higher than i normally am but still 133/85 is considerd normal. the past few days my ankles and feet have swollen so bad, its now pitting edema ( where i can press my finger in and leave an indent for a while) well now the swelling isnt just in my ankles and feet but also my calves, my knees,and now in my upper thighs. i still have normal BP as i check it regularly at home. but i have tried everything to make the swelling go down, elevated above my heart, massage, cold soaks, warm soaks, compression stockings, epsom salt soaks, also i dont eat anything with salt now either, and drink tonS of water, nothing works and the swelling gets worse. i dont see the doctors until friday. even after sleeping i wake up and there is no reduction in swelling. anyone else have this issue??:nope::cry:

Attachments

• newwww 006.jpg
    newwww 006.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 4
my feet look the same way. I asked my dr about this today and he said as long as your bp is in a normal range then they don't worry about it. Just try to put your feet up as much as you can and wear tighter fitting socks and shoes. He said sandals are worse because they don't put any pressure on your feet to get the blood flowing back out.

hope that helps!

Yes mine are the same too, it sucks balls. Its a case of grin and bare it till the end now i reckon. I get hubby to rub my feet and push the water up every night and that provides the most relief but it doesnt go away. I had it with my first son and the good news is that it goes away pretty soon after birth.

ive tried all those things nothing is helping now the swelling is up to my butt cheeks

Yup mine go from normal to elephant size in 5 minutes flat. Try a lavender & patchouli bath soak-I've got the sanctuary spa one it's ace!

I have the same thing - play dough legs. my doc didnt seem to bothered at all as my bp and everything was fine. my mum also had it when she was pregnant actually and said that once my brother was born she lost 28 pounds in the following 2 days as she was so full of water.

I am hoping that the same happens to me!

WOw i had swelling with my DD but not as bad that it went into my butt cheek lol. I would maybe ring your doc tomorrow and explain the swelling maybe he will want you to come in earlier or will have some more advice on how to ease that swellling.

My swelling looks exactly the same. It sucks! Especially since the only pair of shoes that did fit me are almost to tight to stuff onto my fat feet. Ugh, my feet and legs feel like bubbles and I can feel the fluid jiggle when I walk. My BP is "normal" too, even though my pre pregnancy norm is 90/60 and now it is 125/82.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->