Swelling through the night

Anthrogirl

Reaction score
I posted something like this a few weeks ago, but I thought I would repost. I'm just about 32 weeks and I'm swelling like crazy through the night. I know we're supposed to swell after a busy day on our feet, or with high blood pressure, but my swelling occurs only at night. I have low (very low) blood pressure, my iron is good, everything seems to be running along swimmingly but by the wee hours (literally the WEE hours, pun intended:happydance:) of the night around 3-4 am, my hands are so swollen I have to take my wedding band off (which is normally very loose) and my feet are so swollen they feel all sore and tight.

I try to drink lots of water throughout the day, I rarely add salt to my cooking and never to my plate, and everything else seems fine. I'm baffled and open to hearing if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

I find when I get out of bed in the morning my feet are ridiculously swollen! My BP is fine, but iron is low. I find it weird, how I don't swell any other time of the day even after working a 10 hour shift on my feet.

my hands swell over night also. Then within a few hours of waking up they're completely back to normal. But overnight my rings are all very tight,I'm not sure i could get them off if i tried

I'm the same low bp fine iorn but I have to take my rings off before bed or ill take them off when I sleep cuz they swell so much

I keep water by my bed, and every time I get up to pee I drink more. I know it's annoying and will cause me to have to pee more, lol, but I notice that it keeps my swelling down. I have had ZERO swelling so far, and I know it is because I drink TONS of water. Try it :)

This is normal. Im 35 weeks and get the same thing. Every night, my hands and feet swell. I took off my wedding ring about 2 weeks ago. My hands swell so much when im in bed at night, they hurt and throb :(

I keep water by my bed, and every time I get up to pee I drink more. I know it's annoying and will cause me to have to pee more, lol, but I notice that it keeps my swelling down. I have had ZERO swelling so far, and I know it is because I drink TONS of water. Try it :)

I drink lots and lots of water (and juice, and decaf coffee or herbal tea) and also drink at least a 12 oz glass usually more throughout the night. It makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one! I might just have to find a way to remind myself to take my rings off before I go to bed! :shrug:

I do swear that drinking lots of fluids really helps, sometimes I feel like my fingers are starting to swell and feel tight so I drink as much as I can and within 20 mins am fine.. I swelled up like a ballon with my first but touch wood this time gave been fine.. Keep drinking ladys xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->