Swelling?

Julymom2be

Izzy's Mummy :)
Reaction score
Last Saturday I had my babyshower and every noticed how swelled I was. It was just my feet and legs then. I thought nothing of it and thought it would go down. Today, the swelling still hasnt gone down and my mother said my face looks swelled now. I hardly can step and put full weight on my feet, they feel bruised because they are so swollen. My aunt checked my BP and its normal. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it go down, or why this is happening??

I would call the maternity ward at your hospital if I were you. I had severe swelling in my feet and ankles a couple weeks ago and I ended up going in. The doctor told me it was normal but it's swelling in your face and hands that you really need to worry about as they can be signs of pre-eclampsia.

Besides that, to keep your feet from getting swollen just make sure you're keeping them up as much as you can elevated above heart level. Taking a cool shower or bath may help too...helps me anyways!

if your face is swollen you really need to call your midwife or the labour ward as you couldnt be at risk from pre-eclampsia. My hands and feet are swollen and even though my blood pressure is normal my midwife told me that if my face swells i have to go to the hospital immediately. Best to get it checked out to be safe! x

I agree with the others. Feet swelling is normal (the only way I can get relief is to keep my feet up or lay down for awhile) but swelling of the face isn't and is a sign of pre-e, even if your bp was "normal" it might not be what is normal for you or it can just be starting or something. I would get checked out. Good luck and hope you feel better. :)

heya yeh defo ring them or check over the next few days to see if your face swells......my feet are mahoosive and getting bigger every day and it was very sudden but i have a high bp and other bits and bobs wrong so hoping i wont develop pre- e.....
Re the face my family keep saying that its puffy but i cant see it that much however if other ppl are noticing it maybe it is there!!??
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"