Swelling?!

babyboy08

Reaction score
I have been doing pretty good with gaining weight during my pregnancy...last week I had only gained 17 pounds at 35 weeks. But I have a small frame and I am short so my doctor didn't want me to gain a whole lot anyways. Well I noticed yesterday that my feet were swollen REALLY bad. They have not been swollen at all until yesterday. I went in this morning and I had gained 9 pounds in one week all due to swelling! He said it's normal to swell during pregnancy but he said my swelling was too much and that it needed to go down. He told me to keep my feet up at all times, but I don't understand why they are so swollen. I mean they are huge and the extra weight is killing my body. Am I the only one? How do I make the swelling go down a lot? He said cut back on salt and don't drink caffine, but I don't anyways. I just feel so fat and swollen. :( I hate it and I just want to have my baby already.

Sorry for the rant, it's just frustrating...

:hug: I started to really swell up too around 33 weeks-not much fun. Some days can't tell where my feet start and legs end! xx

I just started swelling up last week... No one seemed too concerned... I didn't gain a whole lot either, around 20lbs so far.

Show your MW when you see her though just to be sure.

I started swelliing in the last few weeks. Drink plenty of water - |I know this sounds contradictory, but it flushes excess fluid out of your tissues and you'll feel much better for it.

Yeah keep your feet elevated, cut back on salt and make sure you drink tons and tons of water every day.

I haven't had any swelling yet (except my fingers are swollen by the end of the night) but my dr keeps asking about it because he said its especially normal to swell in your first pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->