swimming and BF

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
I've decided its time to get back onto shape. Lo is 14 weeks old now so I've no more excuses! So last night I got myself down to the gym and did some swimming. I really enjoyed it but despite having a shower before leaving the gym i still stank of chlorine. I had a bath when I got home too bit its no use, I still stink. I feel like I've been marinated in chlorine :dohh:
So now I'm worried LO might have ingested some. Is it safe for her to feed when my skin's full of chlorine.
Maybe I'm subconsciously just trying to make excuses not to exercise again! :haha:

you could wear Lilypads when you swim if your worried but it never bothered my boys they would get fed prior and directly after we went swiming and never had any effects

you could wear Lilypads when you swim if your worried but it never bothered my boys they would get fed prior and directly after we went swiming and never had any effects

Thanks. I've never heard of lilypads. What are they and where can I buy some. Must admit LO wasn't the slightest bit bothered about the smell/taste, so as long as its safe I don't suppose it matters.

lilypads are silicone breastpads which cover the whole nipple area and you should be able to get them most places like mothercare

https://www.mothercare.com/Lilypadz...r_1_47&nodeId=44554031&sr=1-47&qid=1321526293

I never even thought about this until you mentioned it! We've never had an problems so I hope it's okay!!!

It would be perfectly safe for your LO. After all you can bring babies swimming and they would certainly ingest small amounts of chlorinated water when they go swimming! Thomas started baby swimming at about 12 weeks.

I never even thought about this before. I can't see it being unsafe though.

Reminded me of something funny....... Last time I took Jess swimming I got her dressed afterwards, but then had to balance her on the changing table as there was nowhere else to put her while I got dressed. So, I was holding her with one hand, and took off my costume with the other, when she spotted the boobies lol She dived at me to have a feed!!! So then I was trying to hold her with one hand, get dressed with the other, AND she was attacted to the boob too lol. Us ladies sure can multi task..ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->