swimming and BF

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Sarah lo, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Sarah lo

Sarah lo mum of 2 little monkeys!

I've decided its time to get back onto shape. Lo is 14 weeks old now so I've no more excuses! So last night I got myself down to the gym and did some swimming. I really enjoyed it but despite having a shower before leaving the gym i still stank of chlorine. I had a bath when I got home too bit its no use, I still stink. I feel like I've been marinated in chlorine :dohh:
    So now I'm worried LO might have ingested some. Is it safe for her to feed when my skin's full of chlorine.
    Maybe I'm subconsciously just trying to make excuses not to exercise again! :haha:

2. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

you could wear Lilypads when you swim if your worried but it never bothered my boys they would get fed prior and directly after we went swiming and never had any effects

3. Sarah lo

Sarah lo mum of 2 little monkeys!

Thanks. I've never heard of lilypads. What are they and where can I buy some. Must admit LO wasn't the slightest bit bothered about the smell/taste, so as long as its safe I don't suppose it matters.

4. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

5. BattyNora

BattyNora Third trimester with 1st

I never even thought about this until you mentioned it! We've never had an problems so I hope it's okay!!!

6. polaris

polaris Mother of two

It would be perfectly safe for your LO. After all you can bring babies swimming and they would certainly ingest small amounts of chlorinated water when they go swimming! Thomas started baby swimming at about 12 weeks.

7. Dizzymum

Dizzymum Well-Known Member

I never even thought about this before. I can't see it being unsafe though.

Reminded me of something funny....... Last time I took Jess swimming I got her dressed afterwards, but then had to balance her on the changing table as there was nowhere else to put her while I got dressed. So, I was holding her with one hand, and took off my costume with the other, when she spotted the boobies lol She dived at me to have a feed!!! So then I was trying to hold her with one hand, get dressed with the other, AND she was attacted to the boob too lol. Us ladies sure can multi task..ha!