Swimming nappies

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
In a bundle of stuff i was given i have a swimming nappy, but it looks like a waterproof outer bit. Could i put a white tots bots nappy inside that and use that as a swim nappy?

Hm, I don't know, if it wasn't a proper swim nappy wouldn't it weigh them down a bit when it was wet? I guess they get quite heavy. I spose leaking wouldn't be a problem with a waterproof outer. :shrug:

im not a fluffy bum member, but in BHS i brought a baby pair of swim shorts with built in nappy if that helps, just looked online and cannot find it but maybe in store still

if its a swim nappy you dont need to put anything else in it! think they're just to keep any pooes in they arent too bothered about wee!!!! if you put a normal nappy i.e your tots bots they'd just get soaked through ? does that make sense or have i just typed a load of dribble again?? lol :hugs:

sara

xxxxxx

Agree with the others...swim nappies really just hold in any poops! Have you looked in Boots at the swim nappies they do? They've just brought out Bambino Mio nappies and swim nappies...they do lush spotty ones (I can't buy them for Deri as they only sell small and medium). I used to have Bambinex ones for Deri (just sold them) and I LOVED them! You can buy them on ebay. Really really soft inside and come in yellow, turquoise and lime green.....

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIP-Bambine...s_LE?hash=item4ceaa7b088&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Boots also sell swim nappies too! Their current ones are turquoise with turtles on I think? Ad Mothercare sell them (also they sell the shorts with swim nappies built in :D

HTH's xxx

the bambino mio ones in boots are delish!! still way too big for daisy tho :haha:

sara

xxxxxxx

I have never used a reusable one, the lessons we are going to insist on a disposable with a happy nappy over the top, it has to be a double layer thing...

I like the sound of the bambino mio ones though!

I have never used a reusable one, the lessons we are going to insist on a disposable with a happy nappy over the top, it has to be a double layer thing...

I like the sound of the bambino mio ones though!

What's a happy nappy? :shrug: And why can you not use a cloth swim nappy? Just interested as I've thought about taking Deri to lessons xx

Agree with the others...swim nappies really just hold in any poops! Have you looked in Boots at the swim nappies they do? They've just brought out Bambino Mio nappies and swim nappies...they do lush spotty ones (I can't buy them for Deri as they only sell small and medium). I used to have Bambinex ones for Deri (just sold them) and I LOVED them! You can buy them on ebay. Really really soft inside and come in yellow, turquoise and lime green.....

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIP-Bambine...s_LE?hash=item4ceaa7b088&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Boots also sell swim nappies too! Their current ones are turquoise with turtles on I think? Ad Mothercare sell them (also they sell the shorts with swim nappies built in :D

HTH's xxx

Funnily enough, that ebay link os from my hometown :lol:

A happy nappy is just a particular brand:

https://www.friendlybaby.co.uk/swimming/splashabout-happynappy.html?gclid=CNXRkZicyZwCFV8B4wod7SIAKw

From the swimbabes website (who we are having lessons with):

"Babies and toddlers attending our course must always wear two aqua nappies whilst swimming: a disposable swim nappy (such as Huggies), together with a Happy Nappy on top. The Happy Nappy has been specifically designed for baby swimming programmes such as ours whereas other swimming nappies can leak due to failing to fit snugly enough around baby’s legs."

I would rather use a reusable, but I really want to do the lessons, so it's ok. :)

HTH's xxx

Funnily enough, that ebay link os from my hometown :lol:

Coincidence!!
I just went to the first listing I saw on ebay :D

x

A happy nappy is just a particular brand:

https://www.friendlybaby.co.uk/swimming/splashabout-happynappy.html?gclid=CNXRkZicyZwCFV8B4wod7SIAKw

From the swimbabes website (who we are having lessons with):

"Babies and toddlers attending our course must always wear two aqua nappies whilst swimming: a disposable swim nappy (such as Huggies), together with a Happy Nappy on top. The Happy Nappy has been specifically designed for baby swimming programmes such as ours whereas other swimming nappies can leak due to failing to fit snugly enough around baby’s legs."

I would rather use a reusable, but I really want to do the lessons, so it's ok. :)

I see - maybe they've had issues before (iykwim :rofl:)

x

Yeah lol, the pool I usually go to has posters everywhere saying that if there are any leaks then they have to close the pool to clean it, I think they're trying to scare you into using the nappy! They are along the lines of:

DO YOU WANT TO BE THE ONE WHO CLOSES THE POOL FOR THE DAY, CANCELLING LESSONS AND RUINING FUN?!

lol :rofl:

When my little sister was about three, she suddenly squatted at the side of the pool (the bit where the water laps up to and drains away down those grill things), pulled down her bikini bottoms and pooed. I was about seven at the time... needless to say, I pretended I didn't know her while my very embarrassed mum tried to stop her! The pool staff weren't bothered at all though. One of the lifeguards just lifted a grill tile and swept the poo away. They didn't shut the pool or anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->