Swimming pool may be heated using energy from Crematorium

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12281144

Personally I think it's a clever way of utilising waste and being more efficient... but clearly a lot of folk have a problem with the idea.

I'm curious as to what y'all on here have to say about it!

I think its a good idea. There is no way any of us should be wasting any available money or energy.
I think youll find furnaces in hospitals work the same way and harness the energy to be used in the Hospial

Yeah, I think people are quick to forget these things and also quick to criticise anything they perceive as different/new.

It's not as if the actual bodies come into contact with anything :wacko:

I don't see anything wrong with this, infact I think it's a great idea. I note that thr article labels this a "desperate measure" but to me this should be a measure that is adopted even if the council had enough funds to otherwise heat the pool. What is the point of wasting that energy?

I don't like the idea but I'm not sure why.

It seems a little disrespectful to me, of both those who have died and their families who are greiving.

It might make good economic or environmental sense, but it also just seems a bit too...something. And I can't explain it properly. But it's making me think of that Harry Hill joke, where the nurse in intensive care says "the bad news is your granny is dead, the good news is we can use the plug from her life support machine to fix our toaster...crumpet?"

Sorry, I realise I have added nothing useful to the discussion :blush:

^ I dont like the idea either its disrespectful, theres being green and all that but not this way - its just a way of cutting costs, and making money out of someones loss just isn't on IMO.

its just heat that would be waisted going up a chimeny anyway, its not like the ashes are being used to fertalise local gardens or the bodies themselves are being taken over to the pool after the funeral to be chucked in their furnace burners along with the coal and wood to heat the pool.

I think its a great idea and in a world where so much is going to waist I think its good that they have come up with this idea and I dont even realy think its so much to do with saving money but more making a use of something that would have just been waisted.

I don't see anything wrong with this, infact I think it's a great idea. I note that thr article labels this a "desperate measure" but to me this should be a measure that is adopted even if the council had enough funds to otherwise heat the pool. What is the point of wasting that energy?

I agree. I don't think it's disrespectful at all. We are taking about heat from the furnace which usually just goes straight out of the chimney, not the ashes of the deceased.

Yeah I could see what all the fuss would be about if they were using the actual remains but it's just heat :shrug:

Yeah I could see what all the fuss would be about if they were using the actual remains but it's just heat :shrug:

I think in this day and age we have to be very careful with our energy so I cant see it being "bad" at all x

The idea of bodies heating pool is weird but really agree with some in this day and age we need to save energy . I can see some having a problem with it but not me.

They should have just done it! there will always be people that like to play the devil's advocate and will make a fuss just because they want to!
I think its a fantastic idea! and who ever thought of it should be very proud! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->