Swimming with a toddler

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Mary Jo, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Mummy to Adam and Joel

Forgive me if this is a really stupid question...

We've only taken Adam swimming once, and it was a long time ago, and I wasn't alone (and I was stressed and I don't remember).

Is there somewhere secure you can put a pushchair while you're swimming?

I'd like it to be an option that I take Adam, but I don't drive, so we'd walk or go on the bus. I'd take him in the sling only I'd rather be able to keep him strapped in to the pushchair while I get ready. But it just occured to me, our pushchair wouldn't fit into the lockers...

Argh.

2. Shiv

Shiv Mummy to Sophia and Cora

didn't want to read and run, I often see pushchairs just left in the changing rooms, not overly secure!

3. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

I'm planning to take Ruby swimming, we never use a pushchair and I don't see it being a problem her not being strapped in while I change?

4. Shiv

Shiv Mummy to Sophia and Cora

Sophia is atually very good at sitting on the bench in the family sized changing room whilst I get changed. Which considering she is generally very disobedient suprises me. If you get a family changing room, then there isn't a lot of trouble Adam could get up to anyway, assuming you have the door shut!

5. mummytobe

mummytobe 2 little girls

At our local pool i theres a pushchair bay just opposite the lockers, can fit quite a few in too, would of thought it was available in most pools. Maybe call and ask ?

6. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

There is a place for pushchairs at our local pool.

I would call it secure though. But if your worried get a bike lock and wrap it around your wheels

7. Lightworker

Lightworker Well-Known Member

When DD1 was a toddler I avoided taking a pushchair because although there were some spaces for em, it wasn't always a guarantee. So I used to walk with her and carry her if need be. It just made things easier for me.

8. special_kala

special_kala love my bugs

In our family changing rooms they have little chairs you can strap them into but River is pretty happy to just wonder about while i get dressed anyway

9. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Mummy to Adam and Joel

Thanks :) I was anxious about him running around, getting into trouble and causing havoc, and not being very safe, so I hoped to be able to keep him strapped in, as he is usually totally uncontrollable! Think I will call the leisure centre and ask, as I'd rather take the pushchair anyway since it's tiring to use the sling for more than very short trips.

Am going to go first with my husband and see how it is, never know, it might be fine. I just get really anxious.

Oh and Shiv - CONGRATULATIONS! Awesome! :happydance:

10. Dee_H

Dee_H Mama to Rian + Bump

The pool where I take Rian has a play pen during Mom and Tot Swim..I just put Rian in and get changed. Could you possibly ask the pool if they have one or could invest in one?

11. kiwimama

kiwimama Soon to be family of 4!

Our pools must be different here. There are seats all around the side of the pool where you can leave your bags and I'd just leave the pushchair there if it were me, but our local pools aren't an overly busy place so I'm happy to do that.
    I definately wouldn't leave them in the changing room!