Swimming with a toddler

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is a really stupid question...

We've only taken Adam swimming once, and it was a long time ago, and I wasn't alone (and I was stressed and I don't remember).

Is there somewhere secure you can put a pushchair while you're swimming?

I'd like it to be an option that I take Adam, but I don't drive, so we'd walk or go on the bus. I'd take him in the sling only I'd rather be able to keep him strapped in to the pushchair while I get ready. But it just occured to me, our pushchair wouldn't fit into the lockers...

Argh.

didn't want to read and run, I often see pushchairs just left in the changing rooms, not overly secure!

I'm planning to take Ruby swimming, we never use a pushchair and I don't see it being a problem her not being strapped in while I change?

Sophia is atually very good at sitting on the bench in the family sized changing room whilst I get changed. Which considering she is generally very disobedient suprises me. If you get a family changing room, then there isn't a lot of trouble Adam could get up to anyway, assuming you have the door shut!

At our local pool i theres a pushchair bay just opposite the lockers, can fit quite a few in too, would of thought it was available in most pools. Maybe call and ask ?

There is a place for pushchairs at our local pool.

I would call it secure though. But if your worried get a bike lock and wrap it around your wheels

When DD1 was a toddler I avoided taking a pushchair because although there were some spaces for em, it wasn't always a guarantee. So I used to walk with her and carry her if need be. It just made things easier for me.

In our family changing rooms they have little chairs you can strap them into but River is pretty happy to just wonder about while i get dressed anyway

Thanks :) I was anxious about him running around, getting into trouble and causing havoc, and not being very safe, so I hoped to be able to keep him strapped in, as he is usually totally uncontrollable! Think I will call the leisure centre and ask, as I'd rather take the pushchair anyway since it's tiring to use the sling for more than very short trips.

Am going to go first with my husband and see how it is, never know, it might be fine. I just get really anxious.

Oh and Shiv - CONGRATULATIONS! Awesome! :happydance:

The pool where I take Rian has a play pen during Mom and Tot Swim..I just put Rian in and get changed. Could you possibly ask the pool if they have one or could invest in one?

Our pools must be different here. There are seats all around the side of the pool where you can leave your bags and I'd just leave the pushchair there if it were me, but our local pools aren't an overly busy place so I'm happy to do that.
I definately wouldn't leave them in the changing room!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->