Swimming

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

I had a c-section almost 4 weeks ago and have my 6 week check a week today. My scar is all healed and dried up. I was wondering how long after a c-section I could take my LO to the swimming baths to introduce her to the pool? Also how soon can a baby be taken swimming & how often can you take them?

xx

hey hun i asked my HV this as i can't wait to take George :D she said 3 months as they can't regulate their temperature properly before that. don't know about the section xx

I was told after their immunisations, not sure if both sets can't remember now x
Edit - sorry also had C Section, midwife did not say anything about whether I had to wait :)

Our local pool reccomends six months for LO's as they cant guarantee the pool temp but they dont stop you going before then. We have been taking LO since he was 3 months old in a cute little wetsuit to help him keep warm.

The NHS website states you DONT have to wait till after their injections

Yeh I was told its nothing to do with immunisations too xx

Our pediatrician told us we could take her anytime after her first set of vaccines. We took her at 2.5 months old to our local pool. They have a kid friendly pool there that is deep enough for parents too and it is kept fairly warm. Like a warm bath. She loved it. You can take them as often as you want. Not sure about the section question though sorry.

I was told whenever you want, but lillie first went on Friday (13wk,3days) she wasn't sure about it lol!

I was told 6 weeks after section. I asked from an exercise point of view for myself

We were allowed to go after our first set of jabs. We've been swimming weekly since she was 10 weeks old :). She loves it!

Our lo starts water babies next week, they would have accepted him earlier but the classes were full, they use thermo heated pools for younger babies

I was told by LO I could go when ever we felt ready and didnt have to wait until after first immunisations. It was suggested I waited 6 weeks following my c-section and to just keep an eye on LO to ensure he didnt get too cold. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->