Swine Flu/flu in pregnancy

Babybear1985

Mother of 1 & Expecting
Reaction score
Hiya girls,

Just wanting a bit advice and a chat really on this subject, for the last three days ive had awful symptoms of cold/flu, I had my flu jab a few months ago which I was told by my midwife contained a strain of the swine flu virus and does protect, My syptoms seem to be getting worse, not better, Ive got my feet up and am resting, drinking water and eating fruit but I just dont feel right.....I was going to contact my gp or midwife but I dnt want to seem like im being a bit of a hypo if its only a cold if you know what I mean....

Just wondered if anybody on here has had the flu or swine flu when they were pregnant, how they coped, what they did etc....

bit worried im not feeling better after three days xx

have you got a high temperature? If not, it's probably just a nasty cold (there's a few really bad ones about at the moment). If you have, it's worth contacting your MW/GP for a bit of advice. The flu jab doesn't cover every possible strain out there, so it's possible you've been unlucky - hopefully not though! Either way if you feel really terrible then it wouldn't hurt to speak to the GP or Midwife for advice on how you can ease the symptoms safely.

Hope you feel better soon!

thanks hun, im not sure one minute im boiling and the next im freezing....i should really invest in a thermometer lol, reckon ill give it another day and if I still feel awful then I will give them a ring and see what they say xxx

Poor you! I had swine flu over Christmas and I was MISERABLE.. as sin!! I had high temperature (even hallucinated at times!), vomiting, aches throughout all my body, dizziness etc etc. I really hope that you've just got a nasty cold my lovely cos swine flu is no fun at all! When you're pregnant your immune system is lower than it would normally be so these bugs hit us harder (another perk I assume?!). Keep drinking lots and lots of water and I found sticking my head over a bowl of hot water with some Vicks stirred in and steaming for a couple of minutes every so often really helped. Hope this helps you and I hope you feel better soon X

thank sweetie.....i just feel awful....am usually a quick sniffle kinda girl and then its gone but this seems to be really taking outta me!!! bed, chick flicks and maybe some chocolate may help lol xx

I found Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough worked for me :) X

I was ill in November, full of cold and I honestly felt I wanted to crawl up in a ball and die. I had to keep going as I am a single mum to an 8 year old and a 19 month old.

I usually have a cough and a sniffle and that's it, I don't know what it was but it certainly wasn't nice. I was popping paracetamol for just over a week.

Both my girls had something over Christmas too and it knocked them for six.

Lots of horrible viruses about at the mo swell as the nasty swine flu.

Hope whatever it is clears off and let's you build up your immune system again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->