swine flu

What can I say, I like the general public? :rofl: Just kidding..

I'm skipping music class tomorrow. Scared one of the kids will be contagious :rofl:

I'm not gonna blab on about it since I took it in school in grade 12.. but read up on Malthusian checks LOL that's one reason some people are fearing pandemics and there is such a fuss over it.

Lol I'd just like to list a number of things:

Bird Flu
SARS
Mad cow disease

Weren't all of those going to wipe us out as well? There was a mass hysteria about them too and people were shitting themselves. For no reason but the media was making them feel like they had to (can you tell I hate the media? lol)

I will not be putting a stop on my daily life for some virus that I won't catch. The last time I looked there were about 57 suspected cases. 5 confirmed. How many people live in Britain? I rest my case.

ol i love how on the news last night people coming back from cancun were like, no there's no fuss, noone's talking about it reallly. in the sun today "everyone's locked up in there hotel rooms and noone's going out"

ol i love how on the news last night people coming back from cancun were like, no there's no fuss, noone's talking about it reallly. in the sun today "everyone's locked up in there hotel rooms and noone's going out"

There was a girl on gmtv yesterday from Ireland who was stuck over there, and she was sayin they were staying indoors and only leaving for water/food when nessecary. We had bird flu and all the rest of it, but none of it became this close to being announced an actual Pandemic. Just one more level and the country could go to some serious measures to keeping this thing contained. When you look at the real big picture, it is scary.

I've been watching the news constantly for updates on it, so scared! Imagine another spanish flu? It killed over 50 million people over a period of 9 months :shock: *hides indoors*

Buggering hell, 152 people have died from this thing already!

Buggering hell, 152 people have died from this thing already!

Yes, but importantly we don't know how many people have caught it. If it's only a thousand or so then it's shocking and scary, but if tens of thousands have caught it and only 152 have died then it's much like any other flu. The way I see it is if you're going to get it then there's not a lot you can do about it. Anyway, apparently the UK hasn't much to worry about until next flu season (autumn/winter)

dont get me wrong, i'm shitting myself about it, i just think all the different stories are strange! the news i've seen this morning all says they're hiding away. dont know what to believe!

Dont get me wrong because 152 people is a lot of people, but when you consider the amount of people who die from normal flu every year, and when you compare it to the amount of people in the britain, the amount of people in the US, the amount of people in Mexico....the figure is just a drop in the ocean.

And also you can only get it if:

1. you already have flu (not just a cold, FLU)
2. you come into contact with someone who has it.

So the chances are very small.

Im not saying that I dont care about the people who have died blahblahblah because I do, I just think that coverage of 152 people dying of flu is nothing compared to (for example) someone dying of AIDS every 8 seconds. Why is no one commenting on that in the news anymore?

xxx

I completely agree Linzi! It's sad that people are dying from it. But if you estimate how many suspected cases are in the UK in relation to the population of the UK it is a very small percentage

I popped into my work their, and apparently we are getting lessons on washing our hands! Greaat!

I'm not 110% but anything ive read doesn't mention that you have to be ill already to catch it. Its just easier if your immune systems already low.

How do you catch swine flu?
Spread of swine flu can occur in two ways:

Through contact with infected pigs or environments contaminated with swine flu viruses.
Through contact with a person with swine flu. Human-to-human spread of swine flu has been documented also and is thought to occur in the same way as seasonal flu. Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.

It said on the news when all this first came out. Its a mixture of two strains of flu, and you have to have one to get the other.

I dont think Id have just made that up because Im rubbish at science and medically things.

xxx

It said on the news when all this first came out. Its a mixture of two strains of flu, and you have to have one to get the other.

I dont think Id have just made that up because Im rubbish at science and medically things.

xxx

It is a mix of two swine and human which is why they are so worried. I dont think its a case of you have to have one to get other its just that we dont have a natural immunity to the swine part of it.

I'm not 110% but anything ive read doesn't mention that you have to be ill already to catch it. Its just easier if your immune systems already low.

Omg I'm like one of the 'most likely to die of swine flu on BnB' then :rofl: I'm always sick, I catch everything everyone else has all the time.. and I have an infection already that is sucking up my body's defenses :hissy:

Omg I'm like one of the 'most likely to die of swine flu on BnB' then :rofl: I'm always sick, I catch everything everyone else has all the time.. and I have an infection already that is sucking up my body's defenses :hissy:

Lock yourself in doors and don't leave, ever!! :rofl:

Was just watching the news and it was the 6th story, half way through the programme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"