swine flu

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by lynz, Jan 27, 2011.

1. lynz

lynz mum of 2 princesses

just wondering how many of you have had your little ones vaccinated and were they ok after it
    my little one has hers tomorrow and i feel so nervous, don't know whether im doing right for wrong :cry:

2. TennisGal

TennisGal Well-Known Member

Dd had hers done privately last weekend, she has the booster at a later date. We did plenty of research and discussed it with lots of people, and felt comfortable with the decision. We were just too worried at how it attacks so fiercly, and I am still concerned that it can cross seasons...when it first appeared, it was virulent through summer!

3. Cattia

Cattia Well-Known Member

We have not been offered the flu jab for Abigail. I've been offered it becasue I am pregnant, but declined it. I would consider giving it to her if we were offered it, but I would have to think carefully and do lots of research first!

4. roxie78

roxie78 Mom of 2

I haven't been offered it for my 2 but i got a letter from my doctors this month offering it for me even though I gave birth in November!

5. ebonynarron

ebonynarron Member

Hi there,

This discussion about vaccination have prompted me to get one for my kid.

6. oct-bump

oct-bump Well-Known Member

My LO had it in September/October. She was fine. No reactions.

7. Ilovemychild

Ilovemychild Well-Known Member

Ive never been vaccinated for the flu and I've never gotten the flu. My husband got the shot once, and that one year, he got the flu!!

We chose not to vaccinate Conner. Not to say im willing to take chances with his health, but I'm not "pro" the vaccine.

I dont think its a bad thing though, and I lot of people who have gotten it and been fine!! I think its really just a matter of personal preference.

8. babyno9

babyno9 Living in a madhouse!

Six of my children have had it and were fine, afew days after they all had abit of a snotty nose/sore throat but it wasn't that bad and they were fine.

9. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

Harvey has never been offered the jag. I was offered it since I'm pregnant but I declined it.