Switching Doctors

Monzter79

Reaction score
Did anybody else decide to switch doctors?

Here's my situation- My OBGYN is an excellent doctor (one of the best around). Unfortunately, not everybody at her practice is so excellent. Early on, (6w-ish) I was treated like I wasn't "pregnant enough" to be bothered with. They don't want to see patients before 8 weeks. My first U/S was so incredibly rushed- I was really sad.

The techs and nurses are the people you usually see, with an occasional visit with the doctor at key stages. Also, my doctor works on a rotating shift at the hospital (she isn't on call). So whether she's there for my delivery is basically luck of the draw. I'll be attended and delivered by strangers most likely. But, her practice and the hospital are only a couple of blocks from my home.

I found another practice with OBGYN's and Nurse Midwives. They work out of a hospital that is about 30 mins away from my house. But, it's a VERY nice hospital! My midwife WILL be at the birth. Also, when I called for an appointment- receptionist was a bit worried that I'm over 9 weeks as they generally want to see women between FOUR and 8 weeks. (big difference in attitude compared to my current provider)

Not to seem like a diva (I'm grateful to have insurance and options)- But I feel very "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" at my current office. I don't feel like I'm getting much of an individual connection with anyone- and this is my first baby.

I'm worried about things slipping through the cracks, and getting lost in the shuffle. I'm just not "feeling" it!

What would you guys suggest? Has anything similar happened to you? Do you think 30 minutes is too far a drive??

Sry for the length. Thx everyone! :)

My doctor seen me at 5 weeks but didn't really do anything. I go back monday when I will be about 7 and a half weeks for first US to hear the heartbeat. I've considered changing dr's too... Not because I am upset about them not doing anything that day, but because I've heard mixed things about the hospital that dr delivers at. I'm still deciding. Do what is comfortable for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->