swollen feet and ankles

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by timbawundakin, Dec 24, 2009.

1. timbawundakin

timbawundakin Well-Known Member

what can i do to help swelling like this?
    and is it dangerous?
    im 37 weeks.

k

2. melissa2332

melissa2332 Active Member

honey im 20weeks and my feet and ankles are swollen all the time i put my feet up but call ur doctor cause when mine get bad i do just to make sure everything is ok with my baby

3. LoobyLou75

LoobyLou75 Mum of 3

Mine are swollen too. The best solution is when you are resting, make sure you do it with your feet up. It only becomes a major problem if you have protein in your urine and your blood pressure is high, mention it to your midwife when you next see her.

4. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

I have had this since around 24wks and now at 36+5 it is lot worse.

I guess it doesnt help that I am a school teacher and on my feet all day.

Midwife just said try get feet up whenever you can.

I am lucky that they are not sore or uncomfortable - they just look really fat and swollen!

5. jenniferannex

jenniferannex Well-Known Member

theres not alot you can do but like loobylou said keep an eye on your blood pressure, or if you get head aches or visual impairments you could have pre-clampsia, also protein in you urine but they will find this as docs. just swollen ankles is normal during pregnancy but any other symptons you should tell your midfwife! my socks dont even fit me anymore haha! :thumbup:

6. baybee123

baybee123 Pregnant - 3rd Trimester

My midwife always asks if i have any swelling every time i see her, she also says to ring her asap if any swelling occurs so maybe ring your midwife and she what she suggests if your still worried hun. :thumbup: xx

7. timbawundakin

timbawundakin Well-Known Member

thanx all!!!!!!!!
    got checked today by the doc and im fine, BP fine, wee fine.Bump jumping still and totally fine!!:thumbup:

thanx again girls.!!!!!!!!!!!

k
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8. babybaillie

babybaillie Well-Known Member

In some cases it can be very serious, and in others it can be just normal. If ur at all concerened ie have vision trouble, headaches give the labour ward a call. or try resting with ur feet up see if that helps xx