Swollen Feet.. Fat fingers :(

Leanne&Bump..x

Mam of Karl & a Pup x
Reaction score
Is it normal? It seemed to get worse yesterday, i bought a gorgeous pair of ankle boots and couldnt even get my foot in they are so fat now!!:cry:, my fingers look so big my engagement ring looks stupid... :cry::blush: But i can actulli feel that they are swollen!

I made the mistake of googling, and it came up with pre eclampsia, should i be worried?

Swelling on it own isnt enough to for pre-eclampsia. I have one pair of flip-flops that I can just about get on now!! I cant go anywhere that requires me to wear anything decent!!

I've had massively swollen fat, ankles, legs and hands for about 8 weeks, slightly raised blood pressure and visual disturbances at times and I've checked out fine.

When are you seeing your MW next? Has your BP been ok up to now?? If you're worried ring her for some reassurance.

x

Im not seeing my mw till 34 weeks, so like 3 weeks time. My bp was high at the start of pregnancy, but seems to have settled now. Urine tests were fine too, so looks like its something i need to get used to ha!

I am seriously consiering getting the boots a copule of sizes bigger just to fit my fat feet in them!:rofl:

:lol:

My MW said that they look at you booking in BP and they class it 'normal' at that point. Mine was quite low to start with. Mine will let me go 15 above that bottom figure before worrying. So with me, mine was something over 70 so they let it go to 85 for me.

x

Aw ok, thanks for your helo..ill ask the mw about it at my next app :)x

and if you want a bit of reassurance, you can always get the nurse to check your BP at the Dr's surgery - I did that once ages ago.

x

I have swollen feet and fingers now. I was fine until about 3/4 days ago, then suddenly - bang!! I'm all puffy! As Mervsmum says, as long as it's not associated with high BP, then it's just one of those things I'm afraid!!

I only wore one ring besides my wedding/engagement rings but my mw said to get them off asap!!!

As the others have already said, as long as your BP is ok, then it's just water retention, and another one of those fantastic pregnancy symptoms we're so lucky to get! My feet swelled and ankles diasappeared in the 2nd tri somewhere, so I do sympathise with you hun. Since then I've only been able to wear flip-flops or trainers, which is very depressing, as I'm usually a total shoe addict!
x

I only wore one ring besides my wedding/engagement rings but my mw said to get them off asap!!!

Yeh my mam made me take mine off today, the tips of my fingers are like blue! Gooin to make an app to get my bp taken on monday. Thanks for the advice x

my feet have not swelled yet but i am expecting them to hehe. my fingers get a bit fat now and then, my ring has been getting stuck the past couple of days, i told DH i may not be able to continue wearing it for long!

Hmmm my ring is now stuck :lol: I'm hoping my swelling doesnt get worse!! If i put socks on i get mahooosive dents in my ankes (cankles now i might add) my hands are massive and they go all tingley but mw doesnt seem worried as my bp is almost the same as my booking in appointment!!

Hi hun, I had swollen fingers from 29 weeks onwards then got pins n needles all the time in my hands and fingers... it was carpel tunnel syndrome which is quite common in pregnancy i was told by the MW... it went 2-3 days after giving birth.

As for the swollen cankles... think all of us have them at some point of being pregnant... once again they usually disappear a week or so after birth... mine got slightly worse before they disappeared overnight... i then saw my ankle bones again ! the first time in weeks lol.....

xx

I stopped wearing my wedding rings at some point in third tri. My fingers weren't very swollen, but swollen enough to make them uncomfortable and I didn't want them to have to be cut off my hand. Swelling is very common at this stage, my feet were HUGE.

Thanks for your help everyone, the swelling got so bad yesterday my fingers turned blue and my feet were huge and bright purple...then my eyes started to go puffy (even though they felt bigger than they were)..so i ended up spending the night at hospital..Thankfully LO is fine, got to hear him kicking and his heart on the monitor for agess.. My bp and everything is fine so i have just basically got to get on with it.. Thanks for adivce everyone...If rings are getting stuck, i would take them off just incase they need to be cut off and damaged !x

Blimey! Glad you are both ok, that doesn't sound at all pleasant! Sounds like to need to be off your feet as much as possible and keeping cool. Hope it eases a bit for you.

It just felt like they werent my fingers, werent my feet!Glad everything is ok, i will be lazzy now haha doesnt help tht i have been decoratin haha!

Keep those ring off!!! I wish I took mine off sooner - my wedding/engagement rings are stuck....hope they dont need cutting off :(

Keep those ring off!!! I wish I took mine off sooner - my wedding/engagement rings are stuck....hope they dont need cutting off :(

My mams wedding ring and engagement rings got stuck and she had to get them cut off cos it was cutting off the circulation! I hope you dont need urs cut off :hug:...everyone if the rings r getting tight, get them off..My mam has took mine off me to look after it she wont let me wear it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->