Swollen hands?

apple84

Reaction score
My hands always seem to be swollen this past week. Sometimes they go numb/fall asleep or get tingly. I know water retention is totally normal in pregnancy, but it seems weird because my legs and feet rarely feel swollen. Why mostly my hands? Should I be concerned? I have my 28 week prenatal appt tomorrow, so I'll mention it to my doctor.

Anyone had this?

Just be cautious and observant. Swelling of hands n face in a short amt of time is one of the symptoms of preeclampsia. If u start to notice more swelling or have bad headaches/blurred or spotted vision. Let you doc know

Don't wanna scare u of course. Its most likely nothing. But better to be educated :D

I have it and have had for weeks, my legs and feet to-it's like the nutty professor mid transformation. I would certainly keep an eye on it though and get it checked out if you feel your worse very quickly. My blood pressure has stayed the same and I don't have any protein in my wee so I'm just gonna drink a glass of water every half an hour for the morning and see how we go!

yup my feet and ankles and hands have been swollen for several weeks. just make sure they know so they can keep an eye on your blood pressure. My endocrinologist also advised me to watch for swelling in the face (I have a thyroid issue which can also cause swelling(.

I did have a dizzy spell the other day and a mild headache last night. I told my doctor everything this morning and he said my blood pressure is still fine, so he's not too worried. He dud suggest lowering my salt intake though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->