Swollen/inflammed kidney in LO

my1stbump

Reaction score
Hello girlies.

When I went for my 20wk scan it was picked up that there is a problem with my LO's left kidney..its inflammed and slighty swollen. They have told me that this means that the kidney isn't emptying properly. I was asked to go back at 32wk which I have and it was exaclty the same so they have now told me that she will have to be monitored once born and will be given antibiotics and scanned, they have also asked me to go back for another scan at 36wk to check the growth of her as I am measuring small.

I wondered if anyone else is going through this... I don't really know what to expect when she is born and I don't know if they will scan her the min she is born and not let me hold her or will they wait for a bit :sad1::sad1::sad1:

My brother was moniterd for his kidneys and if I remember rightly it was a few weeks after he was born that he had a scan but was put on antibiotics straight away. You will be able to give her a cuddle :) My brother is 18 months now and his kidneys are absolutely fine! x

:hugs::hugs::hugs:hope everything goes fine....dont worry she il be in ur arms...:dohh:

hey huni, my lil man has exactly the same thing! its called renal pelvic dilation. at 20 week scan both were enlarged and had a scan on monday and one has gone back to normal and the other one is still enlarged so i have to have another scan at 34 weeks. ive been told he will have antibiotics at birth and a kidney scan. i know exactly what your going thru hun so if you ever wanna chat pm me :) xxx

thanks Ladies, think its just worse coz I don't know what to expect.

It made harder and more confusing as we where told that the sex was a girl but then this was common in boys, one midwife even told me that she had never seen it in girls before and even told me not to buy anything pink, put on my 32wk scan was told again for the 2nd time that it was a girl...so fingers crossed.[-o<

i guess i am not going through what you are at the moment, but at my scan at 19 weeks i was told one kidney was 1mm bigger than the other, she made a big fuss of how i was not to worry and that normally everything turns out OK but i have to get a scan at 32 weeks (which is on monday). I have had two scans since for various other reason and they haven't commented on it, but i have been told i am having a big baby too, so will be getting growth measurements at this scan too. Hope everything turns out ok for your wee one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->