Swollen thyroid 7months pp?

Shan4609

Reaction score
Not really baby related but I'm so worried, I have a swollen thyroid, bloods all normal and had ultrasound last week went into docs today to get script for something else and asked about results she looked at PCM and said oh it says discuss consultant surgeon? And couldn't tell me anything else! Got a appt tomorrow to discuss results but now I'm absolutely scared silly!! What does this mean?! I suffer from anxiety already does anybody what this means :-( please

I had post partum thyroiditis after 2 of my pregnancies. My bloods came back normal, but the range for normal is pretty big. I did have some symptoms of going back and forth between hypo and hyperthyroid. It sorted itself out within the first year and I was surprised that I didn't have an enlarged thyroid at all after my most recent pregnancy. My GP didn't know anything about pp thyroiditis, but apparently it isn't hugely uncommon. It just goes unnoticed a lot of the time. My enlarged thyroid was actually pointed out to me by my dentist!

My ultrasound was clear, but having nodes in the thyroid is not uncommon although (I was actually told that my lack of nodes was unusual) but they may want to biopsy them just to be certain.

It is impossible not to worry, but at least your appointment is coming up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->