Symptoms decreasing at 11 weeks?

bellagirl85

Reaction score
I have been so, so tired during the beginning of this pregnancy, but lately I've been staying up later. Sometimes until 10:30 pm (before I couldn't hardly hold my eyes open past 8!)

I'm not as famished as I was either. (I was eating like a pig a few weeks ago!)

My breasts still feel slightly heavy but nothing like they did in early pregnancy.

I'm 11 weeks and 5 days today. My last appointment was around 8 weeks and everything looked good, measuring well, good heartbeat, and SCH (uterus bleed) shrinking.

I don't have an US appointment until after US Thanksgiving (in 2 weeks), so I caved and spent $50 on a fetal heartrate monitor :dohh:

I wanted to announce to our family on Thanksgiving, but I'm still feeling pretty uneasy about everything. I don't know why I can't shake that feeling. Hoping the doppler will provide some reassurance. I haven't even taken one picture of the bump yet. Not one! It's like I'm scared to. This is our 2nd, and with my first I was taking pictures from 6 weeks on!

What's wrong with me? Hopefully I am coming out of the woods of the 1st tri and feeling better overall!

Sounds to me like your placenta has finally taken over...yay!!! That normally happens around 10 or 11 weeks, but can be earlier or later. And that's usually when you stop having all the first tri symptoms. My extreme exhaustion let up around the middle of week 10 and I was nervous because it literally didn't even feel like I was pregnant anymore. But at my next appointment I heard his little heart racing away :)

This is normal and it sounds as if everything is easing off because you're entering 2nd tri and the placenta is taking over! I am counting down the days until 10 weeks as I'm told that's when things start to subside! So definitely enjoy it and take a nice sigh of relief :)

This sounds pretty normal to me. Usually your symptoms decrease as your placenta starts to take over hormone production and the hormone levels in your blood drop. You can also get some bleeding around this time too as your body reacts to changing hormone levels (I did, it was scary, but didn't seem to be caused by anything other than hormones, my daughter is 2.5 now). I also started to feel a lot better that same week too (which was 10 weeks +5 days when the bleed happened and then into 11 weeks). I still didn't start getting an appetite again until closer to 14 weeks, but I did feel a lot better overall. So yes, very normal around this time and very welcome too! I was ready to feel better.

Thank you so much, ladies! This is very reassuring to hear. I did have quite a bit of bleeding early on so I think that's why I feel uneasy now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->