Symptoms Disappearing... I'm Really Nervous!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Serenity_Now, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Serenity_Now

Serenity_Now Well-Known Member

I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow. Previously, I have had nausea almost all day long, hot and cold flashes and sweats, light cramping/RLP on and off, nipple sensitivity, and breaking out with some acne. I had a scan at 8w5d and everything seemed good, heart beat was 161, U/S tech said things looked healthy.

Past few days I've gotten some of my appetite back, the nausea has almost disappeared, and the nipple sensitivity has almost disappeared, too. I'm scared that this is an indication of something bad. There's no blood though. Is it normal to start losing your symptoms at 10w?

:sad1:

2. socitycourty

socitycourty Guest

I think 10 weeks is usually the sweet spot for symptoms to start going away as the placenta takes over. I have been nervous also because I'm 9 weeks today and my symptoms were mild and have gotten milder but at my u/s a couple days ago, the tech said she thought she could see the placenta developing. I am still so nervous though. LOL

3. Sunshine12

Sunshine12 New Mummy

I woke up today with no symptoms whatsoever despite spending the last 4 weeks completely miserable and feeling terrible. I think its pretty normal. x

4. heavyheart

heavyheart Well-Known Member

I understand your worry but honestly thats really pretty normal as your placenta is starting to take over and will have fully by 12weeks :thumbup:. Your one of the lucky ones, some women continue with symptoms/sickness for much longer and sometimes to the end of pregnancy.

Please try not to worry but if your mind isn't settled you can always talk to your midwife and get some advice from them xxx

5. LauraJaii

LauraJaii Mum to Dallas&Jett

I'm 10 week's hun, and my symptom's are calming, but i honestly beleive it's because are hormone's are starting to settle since the placenta is taking over the main job, remember your almost at the second tri, which is sopusudly the best time in pregnancy :), im sure everything is fine. xxx

6. Serenity_Now

Serenity_Now Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. Feels much better to know that this is probably normal. All my books say 12 weeks, but maybe I'm just close enough and lucky enough that it's starting to feel better now. I know it's a good thing, but then you also worry because it may be a negative indication -- like a darned either way sort of mentality I guess! I've never been so worried about something like I'm worried for Little Beanie! :hugs: