Symptoms of pregnancy, or coming off BCP?

maggie.mae

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I posted this in another forum but someone suggested you guys are the TWW gurus so I am posting it here :)

First of all, I cannot test right now because I live in a developing country (am american, just living overseas) with NO medical facilities right now. Earliest I can test is probably next week.

We are WTT, but I have been off birth control (pharmacy messed up) for the past 6.5 weeks with no AF. I had withdrawl bleeding like normal during the placebo pills, but since then:
10/05: Last period
10/05-10/22: No sex (husband was not here)
10/23: DTD, but he withdrew (no CM, dry)
10/25: DTD, but he withdrew (no CM, dry). **Have not had sex since then because we want to be super careful*
10/29-31: Should have had AF if I had normal periods, but nothing happened
11/9-11/11: Some cramping, touches of nausea, watery CM, then a good amount of ECWM. 1 day of sore nipples. Acne (haven't had that in years), crazy sex dream one night (haven't had that in years)
11/12-11/14: Decreasing CM, dry today, internal check of CM shows tacky/pasty CM (not much)
11/15-11/16: Some of the dried CM on the panties, internally CM is mostly clear with small white clumps/lumps every now and then (pasty I guess). No other symptoms- nipples are back to normal.

After I didn't get AF we have NOT had sex (we can't use condoms and I really can't get pregnant right now so we didn't to take any chances). So I had sex twice, he withdrew, AND I was pretty dry then. That said, I have no idea what's up with my cycles since I'm just off BCP.

I am pretty sure I'm not PG right now, that it just took a few weeks for hormones to start up again and now I'm on a normal cycle. But I am still concerned and cannot test.

Based on my timeline and symptoms does anyone think it could be pregnancy? If it was pregnancy would the symptoms have possibly subsided, like they have? Wouldn't they have just increased over time?

Thank you!

It could be either. Both give those symptoms. You really just need to wait until you can test :flower:

It could be either. Both give those symptoms. You really just need to wait until you can test :flower:

Thanks buffy!

Is it common for pregnancy symptoms to appear for a couple days and then disappear? I am 100% back to "normal" now and have been for several days now. Just some of the dried CM on the panties, but everything else disappeared. Does that happen with pregnancy or do symptoms continue/intensify over days/weeks?

If you're still worried, why not test? Since you last DTD 20 days ago, conception was no less than 15 days ago due to sperm longevity, so whenever you get a chance to test, there shouldn't be any guessing. Your result will be your result.

Sore nipples and other symptoms like that can also occur around ovulation, which can definitely be delayed when you're fresh off the pill because of the sudden change in hormones. The time between ovulation and the first day of your period is on average 14 days, so if what you felt in the 9th-11th range was ovulation symptoms, you might be expecting AF between the 23rd-25th.

If you're going back on birth control, I highly recommend letting this cycle finish first so that you don't mess up your body's cycles too much.

Thanks orgle! I mentioned briefly in my original post but I cannot test right now as I am living in a developing country with no access to medical facilities right now. Which is why I am really in limbo right now and it's driving me up the wall! I should be able to get to a decent pharmacy and test next week. Believe me if I could test right now I 100% would, really want to figure out what's going on- it's driving me crazy.

And you're totally right about waiting til AF to start BC- I was able to speak to a doctor on the phone a couple weeks ago who said exactly the same thing. Sigh. No sex for us until I can get back on BCP!

I've only ever had one BFP and my symptoms hung around up until I miscarried. Some ladies don't even get symptoms though at all!

Thanks to everyone, thankfully AF showed up today, 8 weeks later (so, 4 weeks late!!!). I am so very relieved. So far just cramping and light flow, but I will take the worst period ever right now, I'm just so thankful to know I'm in the clear right now.

Hope all the baby dust in the world to the rest of you :-D For me, for now, back to BCP on Sunday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->