Symptoms of pregnancy?

MyTulpa

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to be asking this question. But I didn't see a section in the forum jump that specifically stated my issue. I'll start by giving a little back story in a nutshell then I'll ask my question.

I'm 23 years old and I've never been pregnant or given birth. In my last relationship we decided we wanted to try and have kids, I was told I would have to wait 6 months to a year to try because I was on mood stabilizers and anti depressants and also both my counselor and psychiatrist told me that ovulation occurs usually the week before or after Aunt Flo. The 6th month marker came and we started trying(maybe a bit too hard because we were going at it like bunnies whenever we had the time). We did this about 5 or 6 months and I never got pregnant. I was a bit worried that I might be infertile. I read online that females in their early twenties usually take about a year of trying before actually getting pregnant for the first time, but it still didn't make any sense to me that most of my female friends I've grown up with didn't need to plan or check ovulation calculators and they easily became pregnant. I mean I know quite a few women who have 2 or more kids and it just seems as if getting pregnant comes with ease to them. It's been about 5 months now since me and my partner decided to split.

Now this is my problem: I've recently decided that I want to wait for awhile before trying to have kids. I'm single, want to go back to college, and pursue my goals and dreams before I settle. But recently I had a bit of a slip up, a friend and I were drinking together and ended up sleeping together. Long story made short, I asked if he had condoms and he said not to worry about it, thought he was going to pull out and then the opposite happens. I made him aware of the fact that this happened and he said to keep track of my period but he doubts anything will come from this "accident" because he and his previous ex, like me and mine, tried for children and nothing happened.(how long they tried I'm not sure, I didn't want to be weird or pushy and ask a bunch of questions)

My last period ended September 29 or 30. We had our "incident" October 12. And now I'm assuming my period should arrive 20th-23rd. But what's making me worried is I'm showing these symptoms:

1.Bloating(lower/sometimes my whole abdominal area)I usually only bloat in the middle of my period.
2.A few days after sex I started getting sharp pains, looked it up and it's commonly referred to as lightning crotch.
3.increase in discharge or vaginal secretions. I have felt multiple times in the past few days like I've started my cycle and it turns out it's not.
4. I'm moody
5. Increased appetite

Some of these I do get right before my period: appetite increase, mood swings. But I just generally feel off and I don't know if it's because I'm stressing a bit over this it if indeed I'm pregnant. Help?

A few other things that I didn't put because my mobile was about to die:

I'm constipated, this is very odd because I have IBS and my bathroom habits usually consist of extremely loose stool with a rare but occasional "normal stool"

My breasts are not sensitive nor are my nipples but they feel... Heavier(full?)

I know the only sure way to find out is to test after a missed period. But I'm also asking because what if this is a different problem that I should go to a doctor for. Thanks for any and all help/advice.

I just want to be sure or cautious before I ignored my panic and ended up with child or some other problem or before I drive myself crazy over a false alarm.

Hey! Welcome to the forum! :)

If you aren't sure, the only way to know is to test. Pregnancy symptoms are pretty much the same as PMS symptoms for a lot of people. Have you missed your period yet? If not, wait to test until a few days after your missed period.

Thank you! :)

Well if I remember correctly based on the date my last period ended, my next one should start tomorrow or the next day. I hate to panic, but I just feel as if life is going to poke me in the eye and say "here have a baby when you can't support one" lol.

So if my period is supposed to start tomorrow or the next day, and it doesn't. How many days should I wait to test? I don't want to buy a test and then waste it because I did it too early. I use the first morning urine too, correct?

Thank you! :)

Well if I remember correctly based on the date my last period ended, my next one should start tomorrow or the next day. I hate to panic, but I just feel as if life is going to poke me in the eye and say "here have a baby when you can't support one" lol.

So if my period is supposed to start tomorrow or the next day, and it doesn't. How many days should I wait to test? I don't want to buy a test and then waste it because I did it too early. I use the first morning urine too, correct?

I understand the anxiety, I've been there too. It's super hard to wait to test, but the later you wait, the more accurate it will be. I would wait at least a day or two AFTER your expected period. If you get a BFN and you still don't get your period for a few more days, test again. If you still get BFN and no period, schedule an appt with your doc. Some pregnant women get a BFP before their missed period, but some don't get one until a few weeks (or even months) later (these women usually get their BFP from blood results at the doc before they ever see a BFP on a HPT). It really just depends on your body, how much hCG is in your system, etc.

Also, yes, use the first morning urine for the most accurate results. :)

Those symptoms could be PMS. That has happened to me before too. It is hard not to go crazy waiting!

It could be signs of your period on its way and worrying about it and/or severity of IBS symptoms could just be delaying it this month.

That being said, ovulations is roughly 14 days prior to the start of your period, and sperm can survive for 5 days. The egg released when you ovulate dissolves if not fertilized after ~2 days.

Expected period October 20 - 14 days = October 6th likely ovulation date if your current cycle had gone as predicted, which would mean the egg dissolved on October 8th.

*IF* the length of your cycle is generally consistent and no stress or health events delayed ovulation, October 12th should have been too late to conceive during this cycle.

All that being said, a pregnancy test is your best bet.

I had unprotected sex about a month ago when I believe I was ovulating according to the calendar. In the past week my boobs feel bigger, stomach feels bloated and at times am gassy, I am very congested and can't stop blowing my nose, I have been on and off a little nauseous, and now today I can barely eat. I did have a light weird possible period Monday night to Thursday morning but than was gone, which is abnormal for me I usually have at least a period for 6 days and heavier. I took 2 pregnancy tests but both were negative, not sure if they were too early or its something else? Please help! Should I go get a blood test or wait longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->