Symptoms say Yes, HTP says No! What's wrong with me?

Adonato

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I started a post on another thread but I think I need to address my update in a separate thread. Here's my backstory.

• TTC: for 1 year.
  • Average Cycle: 30-35 days
  • First day of my last AF, April 13-17
  • OPK says I O'd April 25, on CD13...this is average.
  • Brown spotting occurs 14 DPO: Lasts from May 9-15
    ...first day of spotting is not heavy enough to seem like a period but heavier than typical implantation bleeding suggests is the average. However, the bleeding gets lighter but remains brown and shows on toilet tissue. The spotting began 9 days before projected AF!​

I strongly believed I was going to get pregnant! But I've been taking HPTs every day for the last 4 days, and I see nothing! How am I get this spotting and not be pregnant. All of the signs point to BFP, not I'm not? I should be able to detect something by now. I'm deeply discouraged.

Also, I forgot to add that TODAY is the day I'm expecting AF, but I haven't felt my typical AF symptoms, no breast tenderness 1.5 weeks prior to, no deep cramping on one side, however some light cramping right at my center by my uterus I think.

I hear its possible that I'm testing too early even if I take A HPT witching 5 days of my missed period. Is this true? I'm still holding on hope that I could still be pregnant. I'm seeing my OBG on Monday for an official test. Hopefully he will say different. :)

Eh it's hard to say, but I've only had extreme symptoms when I just KNEW I was pregnant..tests said no and then AF came so it didn't last but I still swear it was chemical. Could be something similar, unfortunately...
I think if you get a BFN on the day of your expected period chances are you are just not pregnant. It is possible to have negative urine but positive bloods though so who knows really! Wait and see, unfortunately.

Good luck sweetie! xx

You have to wait about 10 days once the bleeding stops before testing with a HPT. Blood test is only 5 -7 days post bleed. The blood is from the egg bouncing around before it sticks. Once it sticks (generally just before red spotting stops) it takes about 5 days for enough hormones to be in your blood then a further 3 days for enough hormones to be in your urine. So testing on the day of the implant bleeding will give you a negative.
Use your morning pee to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"