t/a booking time off work for wedding..

callmedan

Reaction score
currently feeling very nervous!
im getting married in May the Saturday of half term (so then have a week off after the wedding) I work as a t/a in a school
have asked for the day before the wedding off which has been agreed
been looking at honeymoons this week and to fly back the Monday I should be back in school as apposed to the Sunday is almost £600 cheaper!! so I emailed my headteacher today asking for Monday off too
I feel sick waiting for response!!!

has anyone else been in a similar position? and how has it gone? its annoying because so many people have so many sick days off and Im never off, I only want 2 days! yet I feel like its going to be refused :(
my sister said just take it off anyway and say I was sick...

sorry this is a rambly post! just wondering if any other school staff have asked for days off and how its gone

:flower:

I've never worked in education; just wanted to say good luck! It's not like you're just taking vacation... it's your honeymoon! Hopefully they agree. :flower:

Thank you!! I know, fingers crossed but no reply yet

when i got married i filled in a form to request a couple of days off. The head had to co-sign it to say it was ok. I took it unpaid.

I know someone else at school booked to fly back on a monday and they were just able to apply for it off. I'm sure as long as you do it in good time and don't expect to be paid they wont have too much of a problem with it

good luck xx

Here's hoping they come through for you! If not, would you get in trouble for calling in sick? That's a lot of money to save!

Here's hoping they come through for you! If not, would you get in trouble for calling in sick? That's a lot of money to save!

well technically if i rang in sick they couldnt really prove that i wasnt (and would obviously know i was just still on holidays) so they wouldnt be able to say anything... not sure if i am prepared to cope with that awkwardness but maybe to save £500!!

if you are honest with them and follow procedure to book it off, surely that's better than upsetting them by going off sick. If they say no, ask for reasons and then talk to your union rep.

i got the day!!! :D honeymoon is booked! sharm el sheikh here we come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->