Taboo subject - Drugs

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by Love Bunny, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Love Bunny

Love Bunny Guest

my OH and I both studied drugs for both our sociology and biology independent reports so I know the facts and figures hun :) ! Drugs have always fascinated me anyway, which is why I loved trying them and experiencing new things that you'd never be able to reach without the help of chemicals! My point all along is that most drugs are harmless and help you experience amazing things in moderation and as long as you restore any vitamins and minerals that are depleated afterwards then you won't die or suffer any long term effects as long as you look after yourself.

2. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

^ Not everyone knows that though.

3. I understand everything your saying and your not wrong at all. But most people that are 'anti drugs' dont generally have an understanding of them and they think that alcohol and cigarettes are perfectly acceptable but what Im trying to say that they are just as bad yet cigarettes and alcohol are accepted as normal whereas drugs arent. But to me they are no different in terms of addiction and effect.

You can have people that have a few drinks and dont take it too far and you can have people that dabble in 'party drugs' and dont take it too far.

Im pretty sure if alcohol was invented now it too would be illegal.

4. I agree. But most people dont realise this.

5. Wobbles

Oh I agree on the cigerettes & alcohol. The reason for my reply in first place was that it appeared drugs were ok alcohol was not ...I was kinda saying well no its not the case both can be an evil. Like I say I'm a smoker & I seriously wish they would just wipe them off the shelves ...force people like me to stop.

Like you say none of them no different in terms of addiction and effect.

They are trying to control binge drinking aren't they? Ive seen stuff on the news etc and the odd programme on TV but I don't think they have quite worked it out yet? I think upping the age of pubs & clubs would help (25+ maybe), leaving the serving of over the counter at 18 to be for home drinking and seriously cracking down on those who drink on the streets ...a little telling off or a £50 fine isn't good enough. Pure example.

6. Wobbles

Sparks have you ever been on a big fluffy cloud then :rofl: I can't remember if you've said :rofl:

7. yeah Ive been on a few clouds but Ive also been down a few holes :wacko:

8. Wobbles

9. Love Bunny

Love Bunny Guest

They sure don't hun and its sad that they go around thinking that people who have tried them are dirty or disgusting and being so judgmental. If people weren't so bombarded with the bad stuff then maybe they'd understand.

Headlines are always : GIRL 18 DIES FROM TAKING 1 ECSTACY TABLET

What they neglect to tell you is that she has been drinking alcohol and dancing all night overheating herself which inevitably caused her death.

Think about it ;) the media only tells you what they want you to believe!

You never see headlines like: GIRL, 18 HAS HAS MOST AMAZING, ENLIGHTENING EXPERIENCE TAKING ACID

:p

10. Love Bunny

Love Bunny Guest

Urgh! Tell me about it! X

11. yeah its called a k-hole. caused by taking ketamine with alcohol. No one told me it wasnt a good idea.

12. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

when i was a teenager if i wanted any drugs id go to my dad...might sound odd but like he used to say ....he was experienced and he knew where they were coming from and knew most of the dealers and he would much rather me do that so he kn ew how much and whatr i was taking rather than me going to a club and buying pills off a random stranger
    now im not saying what he did was right or good but he taught me a lot about drugs how much was too much and the effects...he was a bit of a dabbler himself and seeing him on mushrooms once was enough to stop me ever tryig them
    i dont think id quite go that far with my kids but i do think boozing is far more dangerous for teenagers

13. My association with drugs only came about because of my interest in dance music. If I wasnt involved in dance music it probably wouldnt of happened.

14. Love Bunny

Love Bunny Guest

Agreed!! Haha x

15. lovedupgirl

lovedupgirl Well-Known Member

I just thought I'd give my opinion, I am an ex drug addict who has been clean for nearly 8 years now, I was a bit of a problem child and from the age of 10 I was wild and incontrolable, I started with smoking a bit of weed and drinking(typical experimentation)but after a while moved on to harder drugs I used to take ecstacy and cocaine most days and at the age of 13 started injecting amphetamine and ended up in a mess and on the streets,I was a junkie for nearly 3 years and I am sooo ashamed of that period of my life, I lost my REAl friends because my behaviour was so bad, I fell out with my family, I trashed my mums house, I shoplifted to fund my habit, I hurt everyone I loved and cared about and pushed them all away.

I dont know what made me realise that I needed to stop but I suddenly realised I was throwing my life away, that I was better than the people I called my "friends" so I went cold turkey. It was hard but the best thing I ever did, I fell preganant with my oldest DD 4 months after I stopped and worried the whole pregnancy about her health as my body(and mind)were so messed up.

Luckly she was perfect and Iv'e never touched drugs again but have been left with severe bouts of depression which is a classic side effect of the drugs I used to take, they are known to cause the user to have mental health problems years after they have stopped using.

I now have 3 LOs 1 DS and 2 DD(and DD 4 due in 3 weeks!)and can honestly say I would be devestated if they dabbled in drugs as I know they can and do lead to harder things, I would never want my children to go through the experiences I have, which is why once they are old enough to know I will be completely honest and open about my own past.

16. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

I have never done, and never will take drugs. Not for me. (Plus I'd lose my job, as would OH :lol:)

However, I don't have issues with other people experimenting with them (I do with addicts). My flatmates at uni dabbled in everything and anything. Don't bother me at all. They'd offer it to me, I'd say no thanks. No big deal and certainly didn't think any different of them. Grown ups can make their own decisions.

17. lovedupgirl

However, I don't have issues with other people experimenting with them (I do with addicts). But surely my story shows that experimentation CAN and DOES lead to addiction!I do not think soft drugs such as cannabis are addictive but harder stuff such as ecstacy, cocaine,speed etc are highly addictive and "experimenting" for too long leads to dependency, Look at people who try heroin some take it once and they are hooked in fact one of my friends and my OHs brother have both died from a heroin overdose.

18. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

It can, yes, but not always.

I wouldn't suddenly cut off a friend because I knew they had tried a joint, or mushrooms. If they started taking drugs to the detriment of their own life, and the lives of people around them then I'd have issue with it.

19. lovedupgirl

I see your point, addicts usually always end up affecting the people around them, its not only themselves they are destroying but also their friends and family are suffering from the stress and worry of wondering what is going to happen to them.In the case of addicts that die from the drugs they have taken its the family I feel for,my MIL must have been devastated to come downstairs and find her child dead on the sofa,she has to live with the grief for the rest of her life.
    I believe that addicts family should TRY and give them help and support to get clean but after a certain point they become a lost cause and the only person that can truly help them are themselves.

20. Yes it can. But it is very rare. Just like all people who try alcohol dont become alcoholics.