Taboo subject - Drugs

I am a recovering heroin/ any drugs i could get my hands on and inject into me i was on them and i will say now i am 5 years clean no relapses etc i am not proud of what i did but i did it and yes i will know the signs if my child was to end up doing them where as my parents didn't, i spent 6 long years an addict and i lost a lot in that time

You learn something new about people everyday huh?

This shocked me tbh, i would never have guessed, but well done, 5 years is wonderful, that urge never goes away but youve done so well hun, really you should be proud of yourself and anyone who runs you down for that ought to walk a mile in your shoes, because getting clean takes a hell of a lot of strength :hugs:

I was really shocked when dippy said that you would never had thought it

You have come so far hunni :hugs: An amazing mum who has done so so well for herself you must be one strong lady to overcome such a powerful addiction
xx

Thankyou ladies so much, i have mentioned it once before on bnb but that's it, not because i am worried of the way i feel but because some people don't know me on here and if you don't know me but judge me then that hurts, pp and Aidansmummy i know we have spoke on many occassions on here so you know the real me but some ladies on here don't and for all they know i could be a stark raving looney haha, what am i on about i am hehehehe.

It wasn't so much that I was brought up around drugs, I wasn't and noone in my family has ever used drugs except me. I started going out on the gay scene here with a friend from work when I was 16, and went on to work in a lot of the clubs either as bar staff or an entertainer. In that environment, particularly in the gay community, drugs are a lot more normal, I'd go as far as to say that in the circles I was mixing in (mostly people who worked on the scene either in the same job as me or as doormen, drag queens etc) having a line of ket or coke was as normal as going to the bar to get a drink. It sounds crazy but unless you've been in that situation you just can't understand it! I got to a point where I was taking drugs and drinking heavily 5 or 6 nights a week, partying until 8am, sleeping all day, going to work in a restaurant in the evening and then working in a bar or club (the majority of staff in those places are off their head while working!) and going out afterwards. That lasted close to two years probably? But I don't now, and I don't think I was ever addicted as once I stopped taking drugs, I didn't miss it. I sometimes miss the nights we used to have etc, and the friends since I'm not in touch with them very often, my life just took a different path. I do remember though that at the time, my brain was like mush. I had NO short term memory (not good for a waitress!) and all the days seemed to blur into one, like I couldn't tell you if something happened yesterday or two weeks ago!

Haha look on the bright side at least youve got an excuse for being a loony :rofl: :rofl:

:hugs: At least you got out of it hun

Will your short term memory not come back over time?/
xx

O and ladies out there drugs aren't glamerous (sp? sorry in a rush) when on them ok things look good but that is the affect they have on you i thought i looked good and my life was full of the wow factor and everyone liked me how wrong was i????
People who think the drugs are good, be careful as when you get like that they come and bite you on the bum people mix things into your so called soft drugs to get you hooked on the bigger stuff, how long will that buzz last before you don't get it anymore and want to try something with more of a kick? I'm not judging anyone how can i? i am concerned for you i know the evils out there and i have seen them, i have seen dealers mix heroin in with pot to give it the wow factor, i've seen the dealers mix the rubbish into the wizz there are people out there who want you to become addicted and buy their stuff, keep them in the money so please be careful xx

Yeah, I'm pretty much back to normal now :D But I was awful this time last year, I remember a day before xmas when I was serving christmas parties and I couldn't remember what the person ordered long enough to be able to write it down :wacko: I can't explain it properly, it was so scary though, I ended up just bursting into tears. Luckily for me the assistant manager was very similar to me and knew what I was up to as she was with the half the time!

Aww katie well done for getting off them and fingers crossed the short term memory loss will totally go, at least for now you can blame it on baby brain xxx

my personal opinion is i dont agree with any of them. and will raise my sons to say no to all kinds of drugs. again, my personal opinion.

I'm not sure you can raise kids to say no to drugs, several of the ladies on here who have used drugs have said they were raised by parents/family who were very against drugs. I can't even decide how I'm going to approach that with my child, what IS the right thing to say?

I've tried a few different types of drugs, started with pot at about 14, then starting taking pills at about 15 then stopped drugs completely until i was about 17 when i was offered cocaine and dabbled in that a little but now have no interest at all in drugs (im now 22). There were some drugs i was never gonna try, acid for example from when i seen my brothers mate go really paranoid off it once.
My parents didn't 'do anything wrong' - it was purely through peer pressure, thats how i started smoking (which i've also quit - not smoked for nearly 3 months now :thumbup:) and my parents were non-smokers and often told me how disgusting it was and up until about 13-14 i would mock people who tried smoking, then one by one my friends would do it, so i did it too then got so far that i couldnt quit cos i was addicted.
You can warn your children about the dangers etc, but at the end of the day they will do it if they want to.

I will inform aidan of the dangers amd when he is old enough explain how drugs affetced his dad as a child e.g. abuse etc

Hopefully aidan will have enough common sense not to touch them
xx

To be honest with you, I'm scared of hard drugs, I'm scared of what they can do to you and I'm scared of how they make you feel. I don't want that. I'm even scared of smoking and refuse to be around people who are smoking as it makes me feel like I can't breathe. Even if I'm drinking, I'll only drink a small amount because I'm scared of what it'll be like to be completely hammered. I'm scared of the morning after the night before with drinking and drugs, the thought of having a hangover makes me feel physically sick.

I'm basically scared and if I can bring Harry up to be scared too, I will try my damned hardest. I know being scared isn't the best thing but I would rather him be scared than him be wanting to try drugs. That's just me though.

I'm not sure you can raise kids to say no to drugs, several of the ladies on here who have used drugs have said they were raised by parents/family who were very against drugs. I can't even decide how I'm going to approach that with my child, what IS the right thing to say?

i believe its possible. my parents raised me to say no, and i have never once touched alcohol or any type of drug or tobacco. my parents made a valid effort to inform me of the dangers of them and to expose me to people who have been on drugs, (I.E. thay took me to a conference where people were speaking on how drugs had messed up their lives) certainly scared me enough to say no so i can only hope it will do the same for my sons.

I think that was a brilliant idea been taken to a conference to meet people and hear of their fight against these things, we are still active in the rehabilitation units we went to ( we both went to a seperate one and then i went to do my life story at one where my dh was and that's where i met him) i tell my story still when i go into them and i would love to be able to go into schools and scare the s**t into kids about drugs, to educate a child is to give them knowledge and as we all know knowledge is power and in a time where things like pot etc is growing more widely spread and more sociably acceptable we need to get in there and stop these ideas.
Also as Amy said it is peer pressure as well as i was growing up i tried the pot but didn't like it as i like to be active not sat there been sick and munching on food, i tried the lsd and didn't enjoy that and then i didn't touch anything until i met my ex and to cut a long story short he hit me and when i was unconcious he injected me with heroin, some people don't go out with intentions to start doing drugs and no one intends to become addicted, we all think it won't be us that only happens to other people and that's where we can educate and also be aware of who our children are friends with dating etc.
Addiction to ANYTHING happen due to an "addictive personality" you don't get this it is something that is in you and if you have enough of something then ap raises it's head and this is why people cross addict etc so when some of you parents say " i'll let my child try it in front of me etc etc" well how far will you let them go??? How do you know they won't enjoy it and continue to do it either infront of you as you let them that once or behind your backs???? Gos forbid your child ends up addicted to a drug could you handle the fact that you let your child have that first spliff or first tab?? i couldn't.
Sorry to ramble on but this is a subject i feel so strongly about, we have lost 14 friends that have been in recovery and decided they wanted 1 more, these were in all kinds of addiction from drink to drugs

i fully agree with you dippy! i think it would be wonderful for you to get in there and share your story. my sons will certainly be taken to conferences as those where the main things that helped me say no, it was good to actually SEE that drugs are bad and can really mess you up and not just to HEAR that they are bad.

I, myself, have never done drugs, never smoked, and I barely drink. Boring I know, but I don't see the point. I used to tell people I had and didn't enjoy it so they wouldn't pressure me. I was scared of them and Caitlyn will be too.
No offence here but you can bring your kids up with the best surroundings and the best information yet you still can not control this and guarentee it will NOT happen at any point in your childs life. Its a bit blind to assume so.

I have no time for people who take hardcore drugs either which is a hard decision because my father is an addict. I met him first time ever at 21 and it was heartbreaking but he never grew up with drugs, never drank, never smoked, sisters all good jobs/trying for and succeeding in careers - self employed accountant/social worker/security company management in office yet early 30's started drugs and as mentioned an addict. So I don't really pay much note to people who say "it won't happen ...." I take it with a pinch of salt I've seen too much in my life time to be so naive like we say "my baby girl will never have a boyfriend" yer right haha.

Dippydee - Im sure its you I spoke to before about this and still think reading well bloody done I have time and respect for anyone who can do this :hugs:wish my father got a grip on his life like you did.

well, i have done alot of drugs, some more than others. Had some bad experiences and some very good ones.
alot of people wouldn't agree with me, but i think cannabis is completely harmless when used now and again.
my mum knows i did weed from 15-earlier this year. she's been with me to buy the stuff. i think if people, eg. parents get so stressy over 'how bad it is to do drugs' then the children will only rebel and experiment.
i will tell my child about the dangers, and tell them from experience what its like, but i honestly wouldn't mind if my child chose to do cannabis occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->