take this take that!! confused bout vitamins!!

wanabamummy

cautiously preggas!
Reaction score
yes i am taking my folic acid. have been since coming off the pill in july.

when i found out i was expecting i bought the santogen folic acid and vits and the omega oil set.

but now i ttc again i gone back to the plain folic acid.

should i have done that or should i continue taking the santogen mix?

also what are all the other vitamins i should take and what exactly do they do???

i take epo up to ov cos i dont get much cm, but my knowledge is null about all the other stuff. :wacko::wacko:

i'm new to a lot of this but I think folic acid is the key so if you're taking that then you're covered. I'm taking sanatogen mother to be which is the folic acid plus vitamins for preganancy/conception.

I am taking a prenatal w/ 800 mcg of folic acid and a flax seed pill. Flax seed has been shown to regulate female hormones and increase fertility. Don't know if it works but it's cheap and worth a shot, plus it has a lot of non-preg health benefits.

so the flax seed pill comes on its own? what does it do to increase fertility? make the eggy more sticky for the spermie?

You could try pregnacare conception, it is supposed to give you all the things you need, I did take it but it was taking so long to get preggy it was getting expensive! So now I am only on folic acid, its all i ever took b4 and got pregnant ok!
I got some angus cactus to try and encourage ov but was warned off it by some ladies on here so leaving it for now.
Not heard of flax seed as doing anything, but its all worth a try if there are no known nasties involved!
May look into that one too!

Hope i have not just confused you more!:haha:

Phytochemicals: Flax seed is high in phytochemicals, including many antioxidants. It is perhaps our best source of lignans, which convert in our intestines to substances which tend to balance female hormones. There is evidence that lignans may promote fertility, reduce peri-menopausal symptoms, and possibly help prevent breast cancer. In addition, lignans may help prevent Type 2 diabetes.

Flaxseed contains phytoestrogens in a similar way to soy. You may have seen other threads with girls using soy as a natural form of Clomid - but only if taken on the right days. I think it might delay of if taken throughout your cycle... :shrug:

Hi, I'm taking a regular multi-vit because of the B6 and Folic Acid it contains...

Vit A - 800ug
Vit D - 5ug
Vit E - 10mg
Vit D - 5ug
Vit B1 - 1.4mg
Vit B2 - 1.6mg
Niacin - 18mg
Vit B6 - 2mg
Folic Acid - 200ug
Vit B12 - 1ug
Iron - 14mg

Am I doing the right thing ?????????????

Research anything you take besides a prental or multi and folic acid. I'm not sure if Flaxseed is really going to help. And since I'm in the TWW I'm not taking it just incase. I've read its good for TTC but I've heard different things about it during pregnancy. So for now I'm just taking my prenatals like a good girl. As long as you're getting your folic acid and taking a prenatal I think you're doing good. Also though don't forget to get your vitamins from the foods you each, thats much better than a pill.

So a prenatal is just one of the tabs you get in the mother to be pots? With the different vitamins all in one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->