Taking a break from here

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by kates84, Jan 28, 2011.

1. kates84

kates84 Mum to one

Hi ladies,

I've made some lovely friends here and every single person here seems lovely.

The problem is that I am dealing with a lot of stress at the moment, what with not ovulating and adjusting to my thyroid meds and perhaps I am a little sensitive.

I just struggle with a few of the threads on here - I've seen people debating who does and does not deserve to get pregnant, ladies encouraging each other to buy fertility drugs online and risk their health, a lot of posts along the lines of "well if you *really* want a baby you'll lose weight/stop smoking/shave your head"

I know that nobody actually means harm and I know that people are venting. But because of my own issues at the mo I'm more sensitive than usual and can see that if I carry on being around here I'm going to cause a big fat ding dong of a fight eventually by being a cow.

So I'm going to have a break from here. No doubt I'll come back when I'm in a stronger frame of mind, but hopefully all of you will have moved on to First Trimester by then.

Take care all of you - if anybody wants to stay in touch drop me a PM and I'll send you my e-mail addy. I'll probably update my journal now and then too because I find it really theraputic but I won't be talking in here anymore.

Love, babydust and best wishes in the world to everybody.

Katie x

2. monalisa81

monalisa81 Well-Known Member

Sweetie, I actually believe that taking a break from here is a good decision if it's putting too much pressure on you. I'm not a really long time member but I came across some threads which made me really surprised.
    By the way, I have thyroid issues too and have been taking meds for 10 years now. It's good that they detected your issue, I'm sure when your hormones are regulated everything would be more clear and your ovulation will get back in track. I hope you'll have good news when you come back.
    Enjoy your break and try to think as little as possible about TTC.
    :flower:
    :dust:

3. Soili

Soili Well-Known Member

I'll miss you! I think you're really funny and it cheers me up a lot reading your posts! :) Come back soon, ok? :hugs:

4. kates84

kates84 Mum to one

Thank you ladies. Thank you for the advice monalisa, I'll take it.

And Soili, my sense of humour is I guess sort of "unique" so I'm glad somebody "gets" it :)

Much love girls xxx

5. Babybear85

Babybear85 Mummy to Joshua

Arg hun I think forums can be a nightmare sometimes......take a break but please please come back you will be missed

6. emsieb

emsieb Well-Known Member

Good luck and keep smiling. xxx

7. jennievictora

jennievictora James's mommy

hey i also am not ovulating due to pcos and i have an underactive thyroid here if you fancy a chat? x

8. garden

garden Active Member

I couldn't agree with you more! As helpful as this forum may be, it can get extremely overwhelming and nerve wracking sometimes. It can definitely be a negative thing and stress us out even more than we already are! I really think taking a step back sometimes and not letting this whole process consume you can do wonders to our peace of mind!

I wish you all the best!

9. seoj

seoj Our family of four...

You'll be missed... but it's understandable. There are days I just need ignore some of the more "negative" threads... I'm all for venting, but keeping a positive attitude is very important to me. Not only for yourself, but for others reading your posts.

I truly believe the energy you put out into the world comes back to you. And you seem to have a great outlook on life, especially with all you've been through.

Please come back and update us at some point ;) Best of luck in all you do!!!

Take care :flower:

10. LoolaBear

LoolaBear 3 On Earth 1 in Heaven

aw hun so sorry to see you leave :( i see where you are coming from though, there are some posts i try so hard to ignore as basically they are a bit ignorant in one form or another.
    i hope you find the strength again soon as youve always been a rock for me and such a lovely person to talk to.
    take care, good luck and hope the meds kick in nicely so you start ovulating again and get that nice big juicy :bfp: lots of :dust: and :hugs: to you hun xxxxxxxxxx

11. Sideways 8

Sideways 8 2 toddlers

Awww kates, I'll miss you on here. I wish the best of luck to you.

I have seen some crazy stuff on here but I just choose to ignore it. You just have to take things with a grain of salt and if you're being sensitive and things are getting to you, then I feel like taking a break is definitely in order. At least you won't get too worked up over some of the nonsense you run across :)

Hope to see you in first tri soon though. I'll become a journal stalker if that's ok with you!

12. k8y

k8y Well-Known Member

Dont goooooo ! We will miss you. xx

13. GettingBroody

GettingBroody 😊 Mum 😊

Best of luck to you... :hugs:

14. lovie

lovie Mamma to a baby boy

awwww kates 84 so sorry to see you go, I hope the break gives you some time to relax that your ttc journy goes well, I have allways miled and laughed at your jokes and loved your kind but to the point advice, amy xxxx

15. meltanton

meltanton Mum of1,2angels&expecting

will mis you honey but il drop u an email as i havr ur addy. take care babe xxx

16. Lisa2701

Lisa2701 Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you. I have just returned after a pretty long break from here. It can get too much and taking a break is the best thing i done. Good luck x

17. hulahoop09

hulahoop09 Mum to lg and pg #2

GL, hope you have a stress free break & come back refreshed v. soon with a wonderful suprise!! :)

x

18. longing

longing LTTTC

Hope the break is good for you, Good luck fellow Leicester-ite!!!

:dust:

19. Waitin4astork

Waitin4astork Mummy to our prince :)

Good luck Kate.
    I've always enjoyed reading your posts- I find you down to earth, refreshing and sensible.
    I hope things work out for you and we see you back on BnB (hopefully 1st tri) very soon x