Taking a break from TTC :)

Hollynesss

Mommy!
Reaction score
Hi ladies! :flower:

Well, I never thought I'd be back here. After 6 months of unsuccessful TTC, I checked in with a new doctor just to make sure we didn't have any issues. Since I had just turned 31, I didn't want to waste any time if there was something wrong. So glad I did! Turns out I have severe insulin resistance. So, until we get that under control (medication to reduce insulin production, low carb diet, birth control), here I am :)

We are looking to TTC again in August. I loved this forum when we were first WTT, so its bittersweet to be back :)

Hi Hollynesss. I just recently joined, but welcome back :) Sorry for your health troubles, but at least it's good you know what the trouble was and have a plan.
I will be TTC in August as well.

Hi, Sakura!

August isn't too far away :) Here's hoping its a short TTC journey for both of us! What are your reasons for waiting right now?

Hello again holly, this part of the forum doesn't seem the same As before :-( not as much general chit chat as there was when we were last here. August will soon be here!!

I'm working on a Master's degree part-time, and I want to get done with the coursework (July, yay!). I have no idea how long it will take us to conceive, but a spring baby would be great if we were lucky enough to conceive (and stick!) soon after trying. Also we are going to have a very active summer of traveling, so although I keep being tempted to TTC now, I know I'd rather not be pregnant during the trip - not that OH would agree to TTC at the moment anyway! I suppose another reason we're WTT is to give him some more time to fully process the idea :winkwink: I also want to have a few cycles off hormonal BC, and I'm working on getting into the best shape of my life in the meantime.

What kind of chitchat are you missing, itsnowmyturn? I'll see what I can do! ...not that I need any more encouragement to spend time on this board, lol!

Last time there were just lots more general chit chat threads that were hardly anything baby related so we could use it as a distraction, I really missed wtt when I moved over last time

Hey ladies :hi: I'm also WTT until August

Hollyness I hope it doesn't take long to gain control of your health issue!

Sakura- I'm also finishing up my master's in July :) What are you studying? I'm working toward a Master's in Public Health. I would also love a spring baby, but at this point I will take a baby in any month, anytime! ;)

We were definitely a bunch of chatty-cathy's before, itsnowmyturn! I feel like we all had so much in common, and it was really cool to see so many of you ladies go through TTC and now become parents!

Hi, BusyTulip!! I've actually already reached the main goal that my doctor set for me, but I'm working full time, in graduate school full time, and we're in the middle of building a house, so I really want to wait until after all of that is over with, which will be August :) In the meantime, I'm working on getting even healthier to hopefully make it a short TTC journey this time!

Sounds like you have a full plate. :) What is it you're in school for?

Are you guys helping with the build yourselves or have a hired contractor?

I'm working toward my Master's in Public Health. It feels great to be almost done! We are moving to a neighborhood that is just being built, so we got to pick a floorpan, pick everything we want inside, and the builder takes care of the rest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->