Taking babies to restaurants?

We've taken her out since she was a couple of weeks old. I agree with those who say it's easier with a little baby. If she cried, I'd just latch her on and keep eating. Now she gets fed up of the highchair after a few minutes and wants to explore. Our solution is to never put her in the highchair until the food is on the table!

We've taken her out since she was a couple of weeks old. I agree with those who say it's easier with a little baby. If she cried, I'd just latch her on and keep eating. Now she gets fed up of the highchair after a few minutes and wants to explore. Our solution is to never put her in the highchair until the food is on the table!

That's our solution also!

We have taken LO to a local cafe since he was about 1 month old but there was room for him to stay in his pushchair and he slept while we were there.
He is almost 7 months and we went out at the weekend for DD's birthday. It was a bit worrying as I wasn't sure what we would do if he was asleep (no room for pushchairs in the restaurant) but LO slept onthe way there and so was wide awake and happy to sit in the highchair for an hour and a half.
I can understand your OH worrying as tbh I know it can happen to anyone but nobody wants a baby in meltdown while you're out and about. I think if you plan for all the eventualities and be prepared to leave early if needs must then the stress is taken away and you could end up having a lovely meal out.

Harrison came with us for pub lunches and lunches in Pizza Hut from about 2/3 weeks? Back then he'd just sleep in his pram. Now he comes everywhere (that takes babies) and sits in a highchair and has his own food then people-watches ;)
xx

We took her to Nandos when it was my birthday and she was 4 months old and wished we hadnt lol she didn't settle in the pram and wanted to sit on our laps so we couldnt enjoy our meal it just got cold. Tried taking her out again recently at 6 months and she was a lot more well behaved as she can now sit up in a highchair so feels a lot more involved with whats happening. She has never screamed down a place so we have to leave, just little whines now and then when she gets over tired, but we never stay out out after 7pm anyway. :)

LO was about 2 weeks and slept all the way through, have been taking him ever since. He does cry/scream sometimes but people generally don't mind xx

we took LO out for his first meal on sunday, hes BLW and it was huge fun! cant wait to do it again, hes 6 months olds

I took my son out when I was ready to leave the house (which was around 2 weeks or so I think)

Also, I breastfed my son IN a restaurant during lunch hour. He was fussy, had just woken up from his nap, I didn't want ot leave my company (SIL & son) just sitting there, so I wipped out my bfing cover and nursed him at the table.

As we were getting ready to leave a lady from the table across from us came over and gave the both of us compliments on doing such a wonderful job with our children, and that it was so great to see young moms out with their children!

I think in most situations you're going to get compliments. :)

Go out! Have fun!!! :) You don't need to be cooped up in the house all the time having takeout! Go and enjoy yourselfs!! :)

That's our solution also!

Snap!

Isla was less than a week old - she was happily sleeping in her carseat the whole time. was supereasy :)

We have taken Jess with us since a few weeks old, although now its proving more difficult as she wont sit still anymore!

We first took Will at about 6 weeks, I see so many familys out with little babies and kids :)

we have taken aliza 4 times. 1st time she was 3 months and was fine (slept most of the time. the next 2 were a nightmare! she was 8-9 months then but she just wouldn't stop crying. mainly because she wanted to be allowed on the floor so she could crawl everywhere!! both times we had to leave early. the fourth time was 2 weeks ago and it wasn't too bad but towards the end she started fussing again but soon settled.

3 weeks old :)

I went out for a Thai meal with friends for lunch, and Harry was fine. He needed a feed halfway through the meal, but luckily I'd ordered something I could eat with one hand while bf-ing:haha:

I have no issues with doing it, and I think LO would be fine, but OH just won't. So I guess he's just being silly. :( Oh well. He just goes on about how she's too young and it's not fair to her because she'll get bored. :shrug:

Both my girls have been out since they were born it didnt really bother me...to be honnest when they are smaller they are SO much easier than trying to take a toddler.

we have taken her to restraunts since a few weeks old and still do on a regular basis. she has never been any bother :)

I have no issues with doing it, and I think LO would be fine, but OH just won't. So I guess he's just being silly. :( Oh well. He just goes on about how she's too young and it's not fair to her because she'll get bored. :shrug:

You should show him all these replies. Perhaps he'll come around.

We took Stephen out since Day 4 :) We've had no problems yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->