Taking baby bottles to hospital.

M

MILF2011

Hi girls,

I know that this may be such a dumb question, however I will share.

I am hoping to breast feed my baked bean, however have put some formula in my bag just incase she does not latch.

We bought a microwave steriliser for her bottles. However, I am wondering when should i sterilise her bottles and whether they will re-sterilise them in the hospital??

When I had my last son almost 10 years ago, they had these kinda disposable bottles with the milk in them which were tiny. but, I am hearing that a lot of hospitals have cut back on this!!!:dohh:

Whats do you reckon??

hi hun :flower:...the hospital where im going to have my little bean do have them little bottles of milk....i would prop ring ur hospital up and ask to be on the safe side as every hosp is diffirent..or ur MW mite kno.. :thumbup: good luck hun!

i was told that even if my hospital dont do milk anymore. If you plan on bf and it fails or you cant then they will supply milk and bottles!so maybe worth ringin your hospital

hummm, i was wondering this too

My hospital supply the small sterilized bottles but not the milk. You also have to take in the cartons of formula as they won't let you make it up in the hospital or sterilize your own bottles. I think a lot of hospitals are different though xxx

I don't thinkany hosp has facilities for people to make up formula and sterilise etc so if not provided there will be disposable bottles u put your ready milk in I imagine!
Lou
Xxx

I went on a hospital tour of the birth centre and the labour ward yesterday and they have said that I should not bother bringing the formula. There are no means to sterilise the bottle. They are encouraging everyone to breast feed ...(government cutbacks i guess!!).

Nonetheless, they do have access to disposable bottles that can be used for the baby.....I am hoping that they do have aptimal! lolx

i bought some of the little glass bottles with teats from babies r us. My hospital supplies them but i wanted some of my own. mothercare also sell them.
Claire

I was told if you plan on breastfeeding you don't have to bring anything. If the breastfeeding fails they'll provide you with ways and means of feeding your baby :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->