taking clomid?

ktsl123

Reaction score
I went to the Doctor yesterday for my yearly pap and to talk about ttc.
I told her that my periods have become very irregular since ttc. First she told me that usually people who are ttc do not get preg because they are so stressed about it and it messes with functions of the body and when they go on a break is usually when they do.

She then told me she would give me clomid to regulate my schedule. I told her I do not want to have multiple babies. I think I could deal with twins, but still she told me there is a 5% chance of multiples. Which is very high to me!
I would really like to take it but I am scared!!

I do ovulate it's just my period now come whenever they want.
Can anyone let me know how they feel with their experience?

I think from now I am going to relieve stress and not buy ov test because I totally obsess about when I am ovulating. I think I am just going to do things naturally I think maybe I conceive faster.

I'm taking Clomid now. This is my 2nd round actually. My dr has me on a low dose to prevent multiples as I am a small woman and my body wouldn't handle that well. No major side effects to complain about really. And I know I am ovulating now(not as in today!) so that helps. However I do have to use opk's and temp to recognize it from the rest of the month but it helps and puts my mind at ease to see the evidence of it. I think if your dr puts you on 50mg(like myself) that you will be ok. Seriously, I'm not too worried. Its actually kept my period to within a week of it being due which before I was like you and it was kinda all over the place. So all in all, I think its been a good thing. Today is cd7 for me and hoping for a BFP this time! Good luck and I hope everything works out for you and you get your BFP quickly! :hugs:

i myself think i'll be put on clomid as i av a 30day cycle then the next mth a 37/38day cycle,this has only started happening since "proper" ttc...with opk,tempin,fertility monitors and the rest, so yeh cud be down to stress this is happening,i am hopin that soon just using my monitor will be enough and less stessful,same if i need clomid,im defo guna try relax a little more(although i do feel like ive got better)but i do like knowing where i am in my cycle....maybe stop chartin as much,as u dont even need2do it really till af ends (or even from cd10) up till uv O,but i defo needed2chart otherwise i wudnt know a lot more that i do !! and i wud love twins!! triplets !! :):):)

i like kim am on round 2 50 mg and this month the side effects have disappeared! Last month i had the constant feeling i would be sick, was once, hot flushes real bad and cramps like the worse period you ever had.
This month nothing.
The chance of multiples is a risk I am quite willing to take as much as i don't know if i could cope i'd much rather 2 than none at all but of all the people i've spoken to that have taken clomid none have ever had multiples so that might put your mind at rest a little. There's so many people out there taking this drug now i'm sure you'll get more replies.
I'm sure it will work for you if you're already ovulating and sort your cycles out soon. Fingers crossed for your :bfp: soon x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->