Taking LO out but allowing them to walk

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
When did you do this with your LO? & do you use hand bands or reins?

I've looked around at different types of reins and I noticed they said 2+

x

About 2 and a half i did with carly i would at around 2 but not for very long like a day out. Oh and i used reins x

I seen a lil boy the other day holding his Mummys hands walking back from the shops it was so cute and he didn't seem any older than Caitlin x

i like these better than reins.

it says 12mths+

https://www.thewalkolong.com/

I seen a lil boy the other day holding his Mummys hands walking back from the shops it was so cute and he didn't seem any older than Caitlin x

Its adorable isnt it :cloud9: For a little walk around town i would get carly out around the same age as Caitlin , i was thinking you ment i whole day out sort of thing lol!

Id go for it now , they love to walk around and become a 'big girl' recommend riens though! For deff!

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41N93hBd2GL._SX315_SY375_.jpg
These ones i had :)

we have reins for lilly but she much prefers her little harness buddy which is like a cuddly toy back pack with a strap on it so you can hold onto them - in saying that Lilly is very good and holds your hand which is really nice :)

Thanks girls and thanks for the link

Lillysmum - yer I fancy one of those but couldn't find any decent websites - where did you get yours?

I like the look of those you posted Mrs-N and the simple ones from mothercare ...I'd prob get some simple ones and a more trandy one :lol:

Because I like wasting money that is :blush:

wobbles we got it sent over from america as a present but i have seen similar ideas in jojomamanbebe, though not as cute

just googled it and this is what i found

https://www.smalldudes.co.uk/epages...ness_Buddies&gclid=COfG4Kea9ZkCFQFHFQodvBGZSg

think that may be an american site though

tyler walks out shopping if its a quick trip he just follows which is handy lol

Robyn was 2 wen sam was born so from finding out i was preg again i let robyn hold my hand and walk everywhere which she did quite happily :happydance:
The only thing i found was it used to take 30mins to walk to mi nans instead of 5 mins :rofl:

I'd definitely go with reins as you can kinda hoik them up before they fall over or grab them up when she goes for the full on laying down tantrum because you just walked past the playground. :rofl:

Good luck!

rhys used to have a harness but now he holds onto the pram/holds my hand or goes on his buggy board

before ffion was born i used to walk to morrisons wih rhys (down the side of matalan, over the carpark then under the bridge) because i couldnt take the pram to morrisons to do the weekly shop. i found he didnt like his harness too much and liked to hold my hand, i would bring the sling incase he got tired walking etc

when the kids go to nursery ffion goes in the pram and rhys holds my hand or holds onto the pram

Kaya's been going out without the pram since she was about 1. But she's now going through a wonderful phase of running in the opposite direction from the way we want to do, or lying down on her back in the middle of the street!

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41N93hBd2GL._SX315_SY375_.jpg
These ones i had :)
This is what Bethanie has and i've used them for a long time (before she was 2). We don't use them that often to be honest, I usually hold her hand but she likes her reins and asks to take them out sometimes. I feel a bit like shes a dog on a lead, but it's better than her running in the road when we're out shopping.

Dec has been going out and about without his pram since he was 12 months, he doesnt like the reins, he tends to lift his feet and swing while I hold him !!! Lol little bugger, so he just walks beside me holding my hand.

:lol: sabby!

I haven't taken Colton out walking on his own.. mainly because he's not overly fond of shoes :dohh: He hates walking in them and he's DEF not walking anywhere barefoot(or with socks.. he always has socks on)!!
We dont usually go out for long shopping sprees or anything though.. so might get him to walk next time!! He's like 30lbs, and I carried him around the other day to exchange some shoes :dohh: my arm was numb by the time I got back to the car! And my back was about to breakoff of my lower half!

:rofl:

I've been taking Aaron out for walks for several months now. I usually put reins on him but prefer him to hold my hand at least some of the time so that he gets used to holding my hand for crossing roads, etc. We go for short walks around the block or walk down to the local corner shop, in which case I take the pushchair so he can ride in it on the way back. It takes about three times as long to get anywhere though! He also loves running around the park or the beach, as then he doesn't have to go in the direction I want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->