Taking LOs to scan with you?

dizzyjoo

Reaction score
Hi all

Would you take your LO to your 12-week scan? I'm thinking we should so we can involve him, but just not sure its appropriate.
He's 2 - so probably doesn't understand much anyway.
At our last scan he called the picture "eggs"!!!

xxx

Hi hun! I know all hospitals have different rules but I know most don't allow children to attend at scan appointments. I won't be taking my 2 year old to mine.

xx

Yep took my 3 year old to my 6 week scan and she will be with us at my 12 week too. I've never heard of siblings not being allowed but if any doubt just check with the unit beforehand x

I didnt take my dd into my 1st scan with #2 just incase. But did at the 20wk and a private sexing scan.
SO would most probably do the same again. Or maybe not depending on how things go.

I know our local unit only allow one person in at a time and ask for children not to be in when they are doing all the measuring ect but they can come in at the end. I would ring first to see. I am hoping my 3 year old can attend. x

ours lets you take your kids, although it states only 2 other than yourself allowed.

my son is just 18 months and personally for me i wouldnt take him, he is a nightmare to take anywhere lol, he has a very short attention span, he is a good kid, really happy and loves people but would be difficult to take if i had a choice. i take him to things where there are no otehr option but if i have a choice i dont take him.

I took my 2 yr old last time and she freaked out at me lying on bed and them doing something to me. I was comforting her and totally missed the scan x

My hospital only allow one person in the room with you and have a play area for kids to stay in but I have neve seen one child in it! haha x

we took our son (he was then almost 20 months old) to my 12-week scan, didn't even think it mightn't be allowed, and it was fine. my poor husband didn't get to see much, though, too busy chasing Adam. I don't think Adam had the slightest bit of comprehension of what was on the screen, way too young.

I went alone to the 20-week scan (because my husband wasn't feeling well), and it turned out to be for the best as I was in a much smaller scanning room, and the sonographer had loads more measuring to do. I was glad she didn't have the distraction of a toddler running around.

We won't be taking our ds until the one after the 20 week scan as if anything was wrong I wouldn't want him there as I'm not sure how I would cope. We will be having 4 weekly scans from 24 weeks so I guess we have flexibility on our side x

my hospital don't allow it and as i had a mmc diagonsed at a 12 week scan, i wouldn't risk it, looking forward to booking a private scan that my daughter can attend at 22 weeks, after the regular 20 week scan at hospital, i'll feel better knowing there is no diagnoses to be made, just everyone getting to see baby, and hopfully finding out the sex.

Well we are taking ours as we have no choice as there is no one to look after him for us!

Thanks all - was just worried it was really mean of us to effectively leave him out of something so special.
And I was planning to take Grandma along to keep him occupied so maybe 3 guests in the scan room is far too much...
Will see what OH says but may leave him at home and take him to another scan later on. We'll get 4 more scans (20w, 28w, 32w and 36w) so plenty of opportunities.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"