taking pain killers for arthritis

honky konks

Reaction score
Hi to everyone

We are trying to conceive at the mo but this month i have been taking painkillers for a arthritic condition and i,m afraid to try incase i have a miscarragie. Can this happen if i'm taking painkillers for a week or do you have to be taking them over a longer period of time.???

Thanks for any help received:

depends what drugs you are taking hun.
Paracetamol and codeine should be ok, anti inflammatories like ibuprofen can increase risk of miscarriage.
Best check with your doctor
HTH

Rachael
xxx

Thanks for replying and hi,
Congrats on being pregnant, i think a lot of people take it for granted , big time.!!

Anyway i'm taking 2mg diazapam , i took that twice in the past week and for the pain i'm taking df118 tablets for 3 days. I sometimes take tylex aswell but not very often....
NOrmally if i have a headache or somethin i take nurofen but only at the last resort.
I only take these tablets when it is completely necessary, the last time i had to take any thing like these was january. I get bad flare ups of arthritis every so often>
Thanks again:

hi there i take diclofenac for mine but avoid during the 2ww and only take parcetamol during this time...it doesn't quite hit the spot but takes the edge off xx

I think you should see your gp, reallly paracetemol is the only safe option, and i wouldnt be taking any nsaids or cox2 drugs when ttc, whether I was in 2ww or not.

the gp may be able to suggest a regime that avoids this however I was told no anti inflamatories at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->