Talk about over the top.......

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm sooooo mad!

A couple of weeks ago, Kayleigh got in a tussle/fight at school. They were arguing (both 14 year old girls), and the other girl pushed Kayleigh. Well, she only punched back. 3 times.:dohh:

She had a very very stern talking to, and was grounded and other fitting punishment, and I thought that was the end of it. Well, this girls step-dad is someone that we know (I went school with him, and DH went school with his wife), and he's a copper. Well, DH has just rang me to say he's been rung by a police officer, and he is coming round tonight to discuss bringing charges of assault against Kayleigh!:shock:

I am so shocked that I have no idea what to do! It was a silly playground fight. I have rang the deputy head and he said that this isn't the first time that this girls step-dad has done this, so basically, this isn't the first time she's been involved in fighting. It's the first time for my Kayleigh. The deputy head also thinks he's completely over-reacted.

And the worst thing is, I'm stuck at work till at least 7pm tonight, so DH is going to have to deal with it all without me being there. He's fine about it, but I just hope the copper isn't one of this guys friends and starts getting funny.

Aaarrggh!!! Soooo mad!:devil:

Obviously this girl knows her dad will stick up for her after shes started a fight. How petty! hope you get it sorted ok.

Oh dear
It really annoys me when some parents go over the top with typical growing up incidents
You had punished Kayleigh as you saw fit and that should be the end of it as far as i am concerned
He is only using his position as a copper as far as i can see.
He'll be one of these parents who thinks the sun shines out of her.

Personally i can't see anything coming from it other than a stern talking to.

And i would bare in mind if this girl starts on Kayleigh again, you could get her done for harassment/bullying etc.....

Two can certainly play at that game Amanda:winkwink:

I would also get DH to make it clear that she was sticking up for herself

Hun it sounds like this girl is a known trouble maker ...

Make it perfectly clear that if it seems like he is abusing his situation you will be making a formal complaint down the police station about his professional conduct and i would actually bring charges against this other kid (If she shoved you DD first then counter assult charges can be brought and it will almost certainly be dropped) CCS will not want to be botered about petty school fights belive me.

If this not the first time this has happened with this kid then let the officer who is coming round know, but down push it as it will not be relevent to the case.

Hope it gets sorted if worse comes to worse get a solicitor involved and counter charge ... infact counter charging right now seems best bet as it will automatically be dropped as the first assult was actually commited by the so called "victim"

xxx

OMG that is a little bit over the top! All kids get into scuffles at school!

Hope you get this sorted hun.

Am going to be shouted down I know but TBH if someone punched Seren three times when she pushed them I would be pretty mad too. Am not saying she was right, she should not have pushed your daughter in the first place but if I am honest I can kind of see where he is coming from. However I wouldn't go as far as assault charges, I would prefer just to talk about it, and when I had seen that the parents had dealt with it like you had then I would be happy with that. I only hope that they have spoken to their daughter too as she is not without blame her self.

That is so petty of the other girl. Can you press charges back for her starting it. Hope it goes ok.

I think as hes a copper hes making it his point to make a point - Like you say Beanie theres some sense in his action but I smell fishy business for some reason - The child not being dealt with is a diff story but you have dealt the **** card on her Amanda so .... If the school think over reaction then it more than likely is? I would have thought that would mean both parties to blame/involved. Lets face it theres always one that will get the better & there could be history (sounds like there is) so they maybe both need a talking down to in the same room.

Think its awful really all the guy has to do is go in to his station & arrange it where as in normal instances it may be possible the police would suggest leaving it in the schools & parents hands! I dunno.

But *pift* for you :lol:

Well, the police officer came round last night and he also thinks it's over the top.

Trouble is, 2 years ago, Kayleigh kicked a stone and it hit a passing car and cracked the windscreen. She was charged with criminal damage :shock: and given a formal warning which will stay with her till she is 18. Now that really was over the top as it was a genuine accident, but hey ho.

So the cop that came last night has confirmed that both girls stories are the same, and this Sophie has admitted she shoved Kayleigh first, and has even admitted to provoking her. He now has to go back to the station and tell his sargeant and it's up to him what happens. It can either go to court :shock: , or Kayeigh can have a warning. But as she's already had one, this will be the final warning and after that if anything else happens in the next 4 years, she'll be in serious trouble.

It makes me so mad because on one occasion it was an accident, and the other was teenage hot hormones ending in fists flying. Neither of these are really serious crimes in my eyes. She's been punished enough.

But now, if she does anything slightly wrong in the next 4 years (which, lets face it, most kids do at least one thing wrong in their teenage years) she'll get hauled into court!

Surely they have better things to do........

You think they'd have slightly more important things to sort out than a school brawl! The justice systm in this country is going haywire its so stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->