Talk to me about progesterone cream

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
I'm currently going through a chemical pregnancy (and my DH and I believe I had one last month as well).

My cycles are currently (last 2 months), been 27 days - which is amazing! Before I had my ds, and up until these last two months, my cycles are usually 25 days. And I always, without a doubt, spot pink and brown about 5 days before AF. This I know is not normal (nor are short cycles). My LP is now about 13, also amazing since with my son and up until recently, it was 10-11 days. I spotted before my bfp with my son 2 years ago, and I spotted with this current CP too. I don't believe it's IB. I think it was my body gearing up to spot like usual for AF. And with my son, I got lucky. This time, not so lucky. :(

So. My question about progesterone. How and when should I use it? I'm waiting on confirmation blood test results, but I already know my drs don't agree with progesterone cream. :shrug:

I have ordered Vitex as well (anyone with experience with this?).

Please, anyone who can shed some light on all this, and maybe what dosage you use, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you everyone. :flower:

Hi Marajade I remember you from when I was pregnant with dd! I used vitex in combination with progesterone cream to get pregnant the first time. I was going to start the cream after this last cycle but ended up pregnant by just upping my vitex. I started the cream after I confirmed O (this is very important) and then continued it (per dose instructions) u tip AF showed. I have been taking vitex continuously for 5 years and will continue through the first trimester like I did my last pregnancy. Good luck and I hope your test shed some light on things!

Hi, I remember you too!

Thank you for all the advice! Where did you get your progesterone cream, and what was the dosage? If you get pregnant, do you continue progesterone cream?

Thanks again!

Oh yeah, for the Vitex, how much did you take? Just follow the bottle instructions?

Hi, I remember you too!

Thank you for all the advice! Where did you get your progesterone cream, and what was the dosage? If you get pregnant, do you continue progesterone cream?

Thanks again!

Oh yeah, for the Vitex, how much did you take? Just follow the bottle instructions?

I used emerita progest cream and used two dime sized dollops a day per instructions and yes I continued through the first trimester with dd. I took two 400mg capsules of vitex to et pregnant with dd and also continued this through week 14 as well. This cycle I needed to up my vitex to three capsules a day since I believe my breastfeeding was tipping my hormonal scale a bit and the first cycle I did it we got pregnant. I will continue with vitex through week 14 again this time. Good luck!

I actually work in a supplement store: I used progesterone cream for 2 cycles. I didn't get pregnant while using it, BUT it did help regulate me. Like you, my lp was around 10 days even though cycle length was the usual 28-32 days. After the first use my lp jumped to 13 days, and the 2nd month was actually 16 days. I rubbed one pump of the life Flo progesterone cream on my abdomen (kind of on my public bone) once a day. The directions will tell you to rub it elsewhere and to rotate each day, but for this purpose you don't need to.

I ended up on clomid about 4 months after that to get dd, and that cycle I o'd on cd 16.

Oh wow, that's a great length for a LP! Really glad clomid worked for you.

Girls my doc won't prescribe it either I'm in the UK any ideas where to get it and take it when til when? I don't know if I have an issue with progesterone as doc won't test it? Will it do any harm? I've had to losses in a row now xx

Hey. I have had the same issue with spotting before AF came. I actually thought this was normal seeing how I have always done it but after hearing it wasn't I started to look into the progesterone cream and I came across this

These methods have been shown effective for increasing progesterone levels:

750 mg vitamin C per day (increased progesterone 77% and improved fertility)

I started takeing 1000mg along with my prenatal vitamin last cycle and this was my first cycle that I didn't spot for days before.. I started spotting that morning and by the evening I was at a full light flow. I also noticed this cycle that my O came earlier than it use to.. Don't know if all this is good of bad :shrug: but just thought I'd share :)

Hey. I have had the same issue with spotting before AF came. I actually thought this was normal seeing how I have always done it but after hearing it wasn't I started to look into the progesterone cream and I came across this

These methods have been shown effective for increasing progesterone levels:

750 mg vitamin C per day (increased progesterone 77% and improved fertility)

I started takeing 1000mg along with my prenatal vitamin last cycle and this was my first cycle that I didn't spot for days before.. I started spotting that morning and by the evening I was at a full light flow. I also noticed this cycle that my O came earlier than it use to.. Don't know if all this is good of bad :shrug: but just thought I'd share :)
That's amazing!! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"